News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Spuds Match Thread

Started by KunDB, October 29, 2018, 19:02:11

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Starting Eleven: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, Silva (C), Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero 

Subs | Muric, Kompany, De Bruyne, Sané, Otamendi, Jesus, Foden

C'mon City lets have another stunning dispaly like the one against FC Shakhtar Donetsk, which was sheer joy to watch. Certainly an attacking line up.

gavin

Great team, shit pitch. Disgraceful.

KunDB

Great goal great start. One for Leicester Chairman. Shit pitch.

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on October 29, 2018, 19:56:07
Great team, shit pitch. Disgraceful.

Pitch is an absolute embarrassment

The Blue Blooded Maniac

City just edging it so far, mendy needs to pull his head out his arse.

KunDB

So impressed by our collective defending tonight. Superb.

gavin

We can't get our usual passing game going properly on this pitch. It is too inconsistent. We just need to get through this with 3 points and no injuries. Great work from Raheem and Riyad for the goal but we probably should have had more.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on October 29, 2018, 20:52:18
We can't get our usual passing game going properly on this pitch. It is too inconsistent. We just need to get through this with 3 points and no injuries. Great work from Raheem and Riyad for the goal but we probably should have had more.

No question at all this pitch is anti beautiful passing football, so its all about surviving and getting a point or better all three points if we can.

gavin

KunDB

Games to fast for Mendy, sub him now Pep.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Sagna's gone all pale and ginger.

KunDB

Too many of our players having an off night Mendy, Walker, DeBruyne, Aguero, probably the pitch to blame.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Spuds have had to play on the same pitch to be fair.

Be a great result if we can get the 3 points here then just move on.

Here comes our Vinny!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

89th minute, it's been all spuds and everyone's leaving to beat the traffic!

All clubs have such fans, never do it myself!

Lekos

3 points in the bag but that was awful.

lee

tough to watch..mendy looked like he plays for oldham and walker at end.. >:(
3 points and loads of games at home coming up..

shandon

I haven't seen the game and you lot made it was really bad  :)

But Spuds are supposed to be the fourth best team in the league - I think?
An away win vs them can only be seen as a good outcome!

Mr K

OK, just watched this game back, and to be honest we got the job done in trying circumstances. Our one weak link is at full back. Walker always has an error in him, but in the main offers reasonable reliability, pace to cover for his errors, and also a great attitude and work rate. Benjamin Mendy, on the other hand...

It is not just the fact that despite what he offers in attack he is not great at defending - I think we all knew that, and to be honest we don't defend that much anyway - it is his attitude. Last night, when he made that error letting the ball pass under his foot and allowing Sissoko to attack, he seemed to shrug, and then just stand there. Compare with Fern - he saw the danger and made sure he was in a position to help, in the end making a vital block. The look that Fern shot Mendy afterwards... I reckon I am twice the size of Fernandinho and I would have avoided him at half time!

When Mendy got injured last year I admired his positivity and the way he contributed to the squad, but now he is back as a player he needs to forget being a "personality" and get his head down. I get the vibe from Pep that he is running out of patience with Mendy. Our manager accepts mistakes, they are inevitable playing the way we do, but he is a hard bastard when it comes to attitude.

Not sure what the alternative would be, mind.

Lekos

I just think everyone had a bad day.  Pretty sure Mendy has the most assists for us this season....just that so many passes were going astray (not just from Mendy), bad decisions were being made.  Mahrez slowed the game down a little too much around the box instead of making a decisive pass that was on. 

Good three points, but bad day at the office.  Nothing to worry about.