News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Safe Standing

Started by gavin, November 29, 2018, 20:45:47

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Good to see the club consulting the fans on this. There has to be space for it in modern football if people want to stand. It would be great fun to watch Brendan try to stand for 90 minutes every week for a start  :D. About time they got the North Stand built to the same height as the south. Should create a much better atmosphere.

jingoe

I find having to stand up at away matches a complete pain in the arse. The view is worse than if everyone sat down. Do folk stand up in their living room when they watch it on the telly to get that match day experience? Or to prove that they are more committed fan? I sit on my sofa. There again I have an arthritic hip!

bluebrendan

Quote from: jingoe on November 29, 2018, 22:16:03
I find having to stand up at away matches a complete pain in the arse. The view is worse than if everyone sat down. Do folk stand up in their living room when they watch it on the telly to get that match day experience? Or to prove that they are more committed fan? I sit on my sofa. There again I have an arthritic hip!
It depends on the venue, the swamp is punishing on the knees and shins if you try sitting down, no leg-room at all and I'm not very tall. Same at Anfield.

goat

others countries manage standing so why cant we?

oh aye...liverpool fans

Paddy

Last time I stood at an away match was in 68 at Stamford bridge. We were three one winners but I couldn't cheer as I was in the "shed". Having never been there before, I just paid at the turnstyle and followed the crowd. I was on leave from the army