News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Scousers

Started by KunDB, January 03, 2019, 19:01:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

I thought bernie was motm.  Really led the midfield.  I'd also single out fernandinho for praise

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Paddy on January 03, 2019, 22:28:01
Rowley. The back were ace...

Nah. Our backs moved the ball around a little too slowly for my liking - too hesitant at times, but like I said, that was perhaps an indication of the limited outlets they had to bring the ball forward (Liverpool midfield worked hard). I would have dropped Silva deeper to help them out precisely because he was having an off day.

Doesn't matter though. All in all a great team performance. B Silva and Dinho were immense.

Rowley Birkin QC

...and not forgetting Sergio Aguero. Looked dangerous every time he went near the ball. Magnificent effort - and a world class goal.

KunDB

Lets not forget Ederson, what a contribution he made in the match. He started the move for the deciding goal by intercepting a through ball, to a breaking free Salah, some yards outside his box and then the absolutely superb save from Salah when he was through (and Pep nearly had apoplexy at Ref.).

What a performance even deserving of MoTM, if only there had not been so many other City MoTM performances (Bernardo, Fernandinho, Kun, Stones, VK, & more).

Neil Mcnab

Great call by Pep to leave out Walker, who is not in form and play Danilo who is. Same to play Laporte at LB instead of Zinchenko who struggles in what is clearly not his position. Dave was poor, needs a rest? Bernie was superb, as was Dinho. Kun was all fired up, but so were the whole team. Sterling obviously has a hard time playing against his old team. Difficult to watch last 5 minutes. Will mean nothing if we dont play like that until the end of the season. Also, where was all that against Leicester and Palace, the same intensity, would we have lost those? No.

Swiss

I thought Laporte played solidly with a few good forays

jingoe

3 scousers jumped up in the row in front of me when they equalised . I'm in the Colin Bell but it was still not a smart move.

Hesperus

Great fighting, powerful performance. We really showed our mettle and out Klopped, Klopp. Bernardo and Fernandinho were amazing. Bernardo covered nearly 13km during the game. Hopefully that will take the wind out of the scousers sails and they’ll drop a few more points now. They are a good side though, Salah, Firmino and Mane are real quality up front.

gavin

Let's see what happens if they get injuries to a couple of em. Not surprised to see that they've been less than good losers again.

Swiss

The shadow of the ball thing is hilarious on Twitter wars.

Moz

Quote from: Swiss on January 06, 2019, 10:30:41
The shadow of the ball thing is hilarious on Twitter wars.
I agree, hilarious.

Always an excuse for them! fair enough it was unlucky but about time we had some luck!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Not heard about the shadow thing? Is the shadow fully over the line?

Swiss

Not luck, was the correct call.

Shadow: I'll try and find the image, but where sky showed the ball hadn't crossed the line, very clearly, sky's CGI of the not-goal had a smaller shadow under the ball and the Scouse fans were trying to claim the shadow clearly shows the ball had crossed the line, that the software had malfunctioned and there's a conspiracy to not let lfc win the league

The Blue Blooded Maniac

That's a conspiracy I can get behind!

Paddy

It def did not cross the line as var showed. It is new and it is of now gospel, get used to it.....

gavin

Tight win for them today but they're not convincing.

Hesperus

Unfortunately it was another win though and an important one for them given 2 defeats on the bounce.

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on January 12, 2019, 21:05:16
Tight win for them today but they're not convincing.

Nope, not convincing but still winning.