News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City @ Terriers Match Thread

Started by KunDB, January 20, 2019, 12:33:28

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI | Ederson, Walker, Danilo, Otamendi, Laporte, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Aguero

Subs | Muric, Stones, Delph, Bernardo, Silva, Jesus, Foden

No Silva?

C'mon City lets keep up the impressive winning form we having had recently.

Rowley Birkin QC

Need to get some decent game time into De Bruyne I think. A good game to start him.

gavin

He does seem to be avoiding playing Dave and Kev together. Decent side though. Come on City.

Rowley Birkin QC

I am reminded, watching Sky's coverage down here and listening to what passes for football commentary these days (Some bloke and Andy Townsend) - that they never shut the fuck up!

And that was a dead set penalty.

Rowley Birkin QC

gavin

We need to show some urgency to finish the game off. Letting it drift towards the end at 1-0 would be a big mistake. Not a great first half. But the ref was as bad as anyone. That was a stone wall penalty.

KunDB

Obviously a penalty to all but officials suspiciously.

Sloppiness in passing tempo and work rate. I hope Pep tears into the players at half time.

gavin

Yes, passing had been poor. Disappointed in Gundog in particular but it has been a general problem.

Rowley Birkin QC

Pretty poor half by our exulted standards.

Huddersfield are well organised defensively. They have Sane well marshalled, and Sterling isn't getting much more joy down the right. For most of that half only Fernandinho looked capable of unlocking them - but just before the interval there we saw a glimpse of the old Kevin De Bruyne (the pass through for Gundog). Need to see more of that second half... and better passing in general. Too many going astray / under-hit.

KunDB

Well done Pep 'talk'.

3 0

Rowley Birkin QC

And after a bit more sluggish stuff - we suddenly find our gear. Two good goals.

Neil Mcnab

Decent result, never hit top gear.

lee

nice 3 points and keeps the pressure on klopps shiney toothed lot
ref was a bellend today

gavin

The result is the main thing. Ten minute spell of actually bothering to try finished them off good style. But we need to play properly in the future games otherwise we could be caught out.

KunDB

It’s beyond me why the officials do not have to explain why they did not see nor award a stonewall penalty.

Sterling v Salah refs penalty decisions - Any excuse to say no v Any excuse to say yes.

KunDB

Garth Crooks BBC said:

“Andre Marriner's decision not to award Sterling a penalty was so bad it was almost villainous.

As for his assistant referee Richard West, he might as well have gone West! “

I second that.