News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Newport FA Cup

Started by KunDB, February 16, 2019, 16:32:05

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Well now we know haow many changes have been made by Pep with CL and Carabao Cup Final games following.

Plenty, but not as many as I thought there would be.

XI | Ederson, Zinchenko, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo, Fernandinho, Sane, Silva (C), Foden, Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus.

SUBS | Muric, Laporte, Walker, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo.

C'mon City

gavin

7 changes but strong side all the same. Bout time we saw Foden again.

KunDB

Mahrez is just selfish. shoots nearly everytime rather than pass.

gavin

Pitch is horrendous. Ref is just as bad, we should have had two pens. But we can and should do better also. We might as well take a few more chances in possession under the circumstances because you can just as well lose it with a simple ball. The pressure was growing towards the end of the half so I'm confident we'll go on to get a few second half.

KunDB

Instant revenge for their goal, thank goodness no extra time is needed.

Brace for Foden, wow what a second.

Paddy

Might have got the right result if not for Mahrez and his crap performance (again) and the error by Otemendi. Overall the performance was utter crap...

gavin

Decent performance in the end I thought. It wasn't easy on that pitch and the officials did us no favours at all. To get through comfortably without any injuries is a good result. Some very promising stuff from Foden and Mahrez produced some good work too even though his end product was very mixed.

lee

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Only caught the last 5 after they pulled it back to 2-1. We're we, and Mahrez, that shite? Fodens second was spot on. Top lad.

Neil Mcnab

Seen highlights on Youtube, Foden looked like Messi, guess Newport were Shite. Mahrez, not a team player. Poor pitch, doesnt matter now, job done move on.

zacc

whew, what a so called pitch, reminded me of footy down at the rec 

KunDB

According to my research next round of the FA Cup is weekend of 16th March, derby game. Guessing that will be moved now.

silvablue

Draw is on BBC after the Chelsea and Manchester United game Monday 18 February.

The quarter finals take place around the weekend of 16th March.

Draw numbers:

1 WOLVES
2 MILLWALL
3 CRYSTAL PALACE
4 MANCHESTER CITY
5 CHELSEA OR MAN UTD
6 SWANSEA CITY
7 WATFORD
8 BRIGHTON

jingoe

The Newport fans were the friendliest away fans I have experienced. They wanted to chat about the game, were really welcoming and a few even said they want us rather then Liverpool to win the Prem.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: silvablue on February 17, 2019, 13:40:49
1 BRISTOL CITY OR WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
2 MILLWALL
3 DONCASTER ROVERS OR CRYSTAL PALACE
4 MANCHESTER CITY
5 CHELSEA OR MANCHESTER UNITED
6 SWANSEA CITY OR BRENTFORD
7 WATFORD
8 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION

Bloody hell there's a mixed bag there. Hopefully the rags will crash out and although we are definitely a better team than them, derbies and cup games are a free for all.

Would definitely be nice to win it cos its been a while!

goat

Quote from: jingoe on February 17, 2019, 14:24:21
The Newport fans were the friendliest away fans I have experienced. They wanted to chat about the game, were really welcoming and a few even said they want us rather then Liverpool to win the Prem.

friendly lot the welsh

Stephen Paul

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on February 18, 2019, 11:39:06
friendly lot the welsh
Friendlier than Islamic State, I suppose...  :D

goat

Paddy

First wife was Welsh, nuff said...