News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Quad

Started by KunDB, March 17, 2019, 21:55:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

The players need to stop talking about ‘doing the quad’. It might still be on but it is a long way to go.

Worse still they are letting Liverpool off the hook, the pressure and limelight, as they are still well on course to do the BIG DOUBLE, winning the Champions League and Premier League. That would leave us with maybe just the Carabao Cup and at best the domestic cup double.

It would of course leave us with massive egg 🥚 on our face made worse by our premature bumming and boasting 

Players and fans should only bum and boast when it’s in the bag, not before.

reddishblue

Tablets are available.

Stephen Paul

The Dippers will bottle it

very lucky again yesterday

gavin

I've not seen any premature boasting or unnecessary mention of winning the quadruple. Our players are asked about it all the time and are very reserved about it. As for the scousers, when I watch them I consider that they are very fortunate to be where they are and are unlikely to win much. Their form may turn - they undoubtedly have some very good players. But they struggle most weeks to beat average sides.

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on March 18, 2019, 08:38:47
I've not seen any premature boasting or unnecessary mention of winning the quadruple. Our players are asked about it all the time and are very reserved about it.

Agreed.  It's the journos that keep banging on about it - not the City players.

reddishblue

Sean

The media are bigging this up as they normally do and will slaughter City if it doesn't happen.

silvablue

Quote from: Sean on March 23, 2019, 22:52:28
The media are bigging this up as they normally do and will slaughter City if it doesn't happen.

If City win a treble and Liverpool one trophy (PL or CL), press will hail King Klopp and greatest ever Liverpool team and compare it to Pauper Pep and Calamity City.

Headlines also around Sterling made a calamitous mistake leaving Liverpool.

No doubt in my mind it will be framed in that way.

KunDB

Pep tells players to 'forget' about the quad

"I'm not in the minds of my players and the fans to tell them what to think.

"If they want to dream and think about winning everything, I'm not a guy to say anything.

"Of course we are there but I said to the players, 'Forget about it, don't think too much. In one week or three days we can lose all three titles, that's the reality'.

"'I know in your heads we can win all the titles, but for now it's Cardiff."