News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

didn't see that

Started by zacc, November 04, 2014, 08:30:44

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

comin Martin.
Notice the article refers to City as "relegation fodder"  >:(

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_0_34323_-.html

Ludo

Can't say I'm particularly happy about that.

How does it stand against FFP and why should our owner - albeit through a separate company - help what is, in European terms, a direct rival??

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on November 04, 2014, 08:57:55

How does it stand against FFP and why should our owner - albeit through a separate company - help what is, in European terms, a direct rival??

Nothing to do with FFP as it doesn't impact our revenues, IPIC has no connection to MCFC.

Also it's probably part of the deal to bring Bale to City. ;-)

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: bluebrendan on November 04, 2014, 11:22:19

You may have said that half in jest Brendan, but I would not be at all surprised if our owner's assistance to Real Madrid were not used as a little extra 'moral leverage' in any future transfer negotiations.

Ludo

Nothing to do with FFP as it doesn't impact our revenues, IPIC has no connection to MCFC.

I meant in regards to Real Madrid's FFP situation. I know the company has no direct connection to us but unless it's a loan I can't see it doing anything helping a rival European club.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on November 04, 2014, 12:53:51

I meant in regards to Real Madrid's FFP situation. I know the company has no direct connection to us but unless it's a loan I can't see it doing anything helping a rival European club.

It's part of Abu Dhabi's general policy intended to promote the country as well as investing in wealth creation. If I'm not mistaken Abu Dhabi already had some links with Madrid, I think there's a Real Madrid school of excellence based there.

http://www.ipic.ae/media/120217/IPIC-Real-QA_engl-final.pdf

Zabba

This is business as normal and nought wrong with it, in fact a very good investment for Abu Dhabi and as a spin off no doubt we could benefit in many ways.

Moan and groan and we could end up with Mike Ashley.

gavin

It doesn't please me but doesn't particularly concern me. They want to promote Abu Dhabi. If they didn't then we could well be watching another relegation battle whilst trying to persuade Emile Heskey to come back from Newcastle Jets.

Neil Mcnab

We were relegation fodder for many years.
Real Madrid is owned by the members. Therefore any money will be a loan or a bond. Besides the interest, there would be good will. Cant see there could be much more.