News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Shite

Started by Paddy, April 09, 2019, 22:40:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Tonight we were shite because Pep selected the wrong team and it came back to bite him on the bum

Lekos

There's a thread about this mate. Shout out of your window if it helps.

Rowley Birkin QC

I wouldn't say we were shite, but we lacked the extra cutting edge to see them off. And that, I agree, was down to a team selection that was too conservative. I know we have to look after players with so many tight games still at stake, but when I saw the team sheet my first impression was that Pep had been forced into it by injuries - but then I saw the bench and immediately thought "Oh, he's in danger of being too coy here. We're taking a risk".

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - but that selection lacked something to my mind for a big European Cup tie away from home. Just adding Sane might have made the difference.

Paddy

Arrogant selection

Hesperus

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 09, 2019, 22:55:17
I wouldn't say we were shite, but we lacked the extra cutting edge to see them off. And that, I agree, was down to a team selection that was too conservative. I know we have to look after players with so many tight games still at stake, but when I saw the team sheet my first impression was that Pep had been forced into it by injuries - but then I saw the bench and immediately thought "Oh, he's in danger of being too coy here. We're taking a risk".

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - but that selection lacked something to my mind for a big European Cup tie away from home. Just adding Sane might have made the difference.

Totally agree. Pep made a similar strange team selection vs Liverpool last year that cost us. We should play to our strengths. No away goal is a big problem, just hope spuds don’t score in the return leg or we’ll need 3.

Paddy

Cost us tonight. Came back and bit us on the bum