News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

If

Started by Paddy, May 20, 2019, 03:34:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

I die tomorrow I will die happy; Sixty odd years through thick and thin I have supported this team. I fell in love with City when I was eleven years of age in 1956 and endured the ups and downs, the highs and lows,( and the stick) the cheering and the heartbreaks but this seasons results has made it all worthwhile. What a team. What a performance. Glad I was able to stick around to see it. ComonCity. and Good luck Vinny, a true Blue...

gavin

Aye, can have no complaints now if I never see City lift another trophy. We have won more than I ever thought we would 20 years ago. Lets face it, I'd have settled for a solitary Carabao Cup at that stage.

goat

started mid 80s, im more amazed we even have a team still

Neil Mcnab

Been through the bad times in the past, unbelievable season this one, would never have dreamed we would be anywhere near the league title. Unless of course it was a lower league title.
Getting greedy now, Pep wont stay forever, hope he can sign off with a chumps league at some point.

lee

78 my first match as an 8 year old..which means im younger than brendan  :D

Rowley Birkin QC

I want three Premierships in a row now! Don't think I'm being greedy.

KunDB

I want the quad next year, the real one plus The Community Shield. I am a bit greedy after 35+ years of pain, this is unbelievable and I too dread the day Pep Leaves.

lee

im not arsed about the chumps league..winning the prem every year will do me :)

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm not that fussed about the Champions League either. Joke competition really.

I watch the FA Cup final with an old friend who is a Forrest fan. We were chatting about the European Cup and I told him how much I admired Forrest's back to back wins. It was a harder comp to win in the knock out era - and only real Champions played in it! Far more meaningful than it is now.

He enthusiastically agreed (not surprisingly) and pointed out that if you needed any better indicator of just how distorted it now is, you only had to look as far as a third string team like Spurs getting to the final.

lee

totally ken!!
im not being a bitter twot but spuds and scousers in the final..what they champions of?

bluebrendan

Quote from: lee on May 20, 2019, 15:37:30
78 my first match as an 8 year old..which means im younger than brendan  :D
Wet behind the ears!  ;)

My first team "debut" was March 1966 about 10 days or so before we signed Colin Bell. After we won the League, FA Cup, League Cup and Cup-Winners Cup in that 3 season spell under Joe Mercer I'd have never believed anyone who told me we'd win just one more League Cup in the next 41 years. Glad I stuck it out though!

goat

Quote from: bluebrendan on May 26, 2019, 11:35:49

My first team "debut" was March 1966

ahhh come on now  brenda , who are you trying to fool  :D

gavin

Brendan always tells the truth. But notice how he doesn't say how old he was at the time. His dad didn't let him go the match until he was 46.

goat

his first game was the romans away