News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Champions League Final

Started by Gareth, May 31, 2019, 18:07:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Ok, so which is it?

A. Doesn't interest me in the slightest.
B. Come On You Spurs.
C. None of the above.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

gavin

C. Can't bring myself to say 'Come on Spurs' but would very slightly prefer them not to lose.

KunDB

Mr K

I hate the negative vibe that football supporting has become, but I am not immune to it.
Blame Liverpool and their gross sense of entitlement, but rather than wanting Spurs to win (which I could justify due to family links and hatred of Arsenal), I just really want Liverpool to lose, preferably to a contentious last minute VAR call.

Rowley Birkin QC

I loathe both of these teams. So much so, if was Liverpool v the rags, or Spuds v the rags - I have to confess I might be actually tempted to cheer on the rags.

No, I can't believe I just said that either...

bry the guy

lee

Spurs have always been the club i hated most after the rags of course.The misery inflicted on me after the 81  cup final and the piss taking from the rag at school i could never forgive them.Especially the hippy running rings around Tommy Caton and co.

But none of us like the scousers so my hat is firmly nailed to the Hoddle,Perryman and Mabbut mast tonight.BUT only for tonight.

COYS

goat

Gareth

Well, short of aliens of superior intelligence appearing and taking out Madrid, it's got to be Spurs for me. For one night only.

gavin

Shit game so far. Hope the second half is more entertaining at least.

Rowley Birkin QC

gavin

At the end, I'm not that bothered. Just never let them win the league. League is the preference for me again next season. The chumps is just a poxy cup. Even the streaker forgot to be topless.

bluebrendan

How the fuck did that lot get 97 points??

Worst final since that borefest at the swamp between Juventus and AC Milan.

KunDB

God almighty, what a dull game that was.

Spurs play far better without 'give me the ball, I want all the glory' Kane.

We need the treble of PL wins now.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ye like Gav said, concentrate on the league every year. Cup tournament's are anyone's, so we might pick up a few CL's on the way hopefully.

Just need to keep Pep tied down for the next 20years.

Rowley Birkin QC

Bindipper's attitude to the match was dreadful. Early goal - then just sit back. A better team than Spuds would have punished them for that.

A great advertisement for why the current format for the Champions League is shite.

lee

oldham athletic would have beaten either of them tonight

KunDB

Second best team in Premier League beat fourth best to become 'Champions of Europe', having qualified by winning nothing last season? It should be called Champions of UEFA Money Generating League.

Well done, Kalamity Klopp finally wins a Kup for the Kop.

silvablue

A city of population 460k, and the media reports 1/2m (The Independent) and 3/4m (BBC News) turned out to celebrate on the streets of Liverpool their success. The turnout was impressive but bear in mind a lot of their supporters also support other teams, Rangers, Celtic, Barcelona etc. Glory merchants.