News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Club statement FFP

Started by Hesperus, May 16, 2019, 10:21:31

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on June 08, 2019, 08:35:07
The appeal is not looking good though not because it isn't justified.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/manchester-city-cas-appeal-uefa-ffp-referral-likely-to-fail

Yes I read that, but I think this would have been clear to City and their legal team (3 top law firms I read) lodging the complaint is a shot across the bows to warn of what will happen if they proceed down the road they have set out.

KunDB

Now the back handed blackening of City starts a pace, no doubt fuelled by UEFA and jealous rivals seeking to interrupt City's progress.

https://www.givemesport.com/1481851-the-top-20-spenders-in-europe-since-2008-man-city-top-by-a-distance

Key elements to note.

1  The choice of an eleven year period for the analysis.
2  Phraseology
    a  man-city-top-by-a-distance
    b  But achieving that level of success has been fuelled by some pretty ridiculous spending in the transfer market.
    c  The data from Transfermarkt is pretty damning for City.
3  'While City have never spent anything close to £100m on a single player, they have spent over £30m on 15 different players. No comparison to other
    teams purchases around £30m.
4  Net Spend' as the main comparator rather than gross spend, as it makes the difference look worse.
5  Most notably, there is no mention of how far behind the other teams City were 11 years ago.

This is just more black propaganda being spread against the club using a weak and subservient media as the tool to do so.

gavin

Net Spend £1.2 Billion. Value of club £2.1 Billion according to Forbes. He bought the club for £210 million. Lots of other ins and outs I'm sure, including selling 10% to Chinese investors. But on those very basic figures it aint a disaster as investments go. Besides which in nearly every other industry you can invest as much as you want in your own business, and rightly so in a capitalist society. Its not a crime to lose money in business. Or invest just for the hell of it if you like. But it appears to me that the value of the club has risen as astronomically as the spending. The profile of Abu Dhabi has risen. And, he (Sheikh Mansour) seems to be enjoying it.