News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Maguire

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, June 21, 2019, 13:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Fee agreed of £65 Mil according to Daily Star and to be finalised next week.

gavin

There's a lot of strong talk about a few now. Hopefully some real action soon. Be nice to get it all sorted for when pre season starts.

KunDB

I am guessing they will want to get any new signings in next week and the following week, if possible. I expect three new players coming in, and maybe more going out.

gavin

Same as every summer, I'm beginning to lose patience.

KunDB

I hope City stand firm on their offer for Maguire. Leicester are ripping the arse out of it.

KunDB

And Utd are spending frenetically yet again offering £70m as a starter for him. Not as good as VanDijk so paying the same or more is hugely inflationary and over the odds. Not that it matters as it is all just like using Monopoly money for clubs these days. Unless it’s City spending the money (not Utd, not Liverpool, not Chelsea, not Spurs, not Arsenal, not Real Madrid, not Bayern Munich, etc) when it allows the press and media to continue their ‘dirty oil money’, ‘ruining football’, inflating prices’, ‘spending dodgy sponsorship money’ coordinated slur campaign. 

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ye reports saying that city will match the rags offer but Leicester want atleast £75m. Also suggests that we will go in for Ake for around £40m if we don't get Harry.

Fun and games!

gavin

Not that fussed about a centre half if we keep Ota.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Not sure about that Gav. At the mo we have Laporte, Ota, Stones and the signing of the decade, Mangala.

Lekos

Should go all in.  He'd probably be a starter at CB for the next 7 years.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Also, Ota is 31 and been linked to go back to Spain so we could do with a couple of CB's.

Paddy

We need him regardless of cost. Oti is near the door and Stones has lost his form

gavin

Didn't realise Ota was that old but we have Garcia and Sandler who are both promising prospects. One of them can be fourth centre back this season with the other going out on loan. No need for another centre back unless Ota does leave. Think we need to persevere with Stones. He's had good and bad spells. Hopefully now he can start to be more consistent.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Hmm not sure Gav, with the amount of games we play at such high standard and energy.

Gareth

If we're looking at centre-backs, what happened to Tosin? I thought he might make it if he stayed at City and Pep got to work on him...

gavin

Don't think he had a great season at WBA.

Gareth

If we buy another decent "1st-team-ready" CB now, then there's hardly the chance Tosin could come back after another season on loan and make an impact.

So, just not quite good enough? Given the standard City now play at, I suppose it's not really surprising when it turns out like that. What's more surprising is that anyone ever comes through.

gavin

Players that come through to our first team have to be top class. Pep has quickly seen that in Foden. He has also indicated faith in Garcia. With Sandler going out on loan then I expect Garcia to be No. 4 and play most domestic cup games. If we buy Maguire then one of the other senior centre halves has to go in my opinion. Ota has already indicated he doesn't want another season like last when he was bit part really after a great season before.

Paddy

Disagree Gav, we need young players to be given a chance. Remember when we turned down Ryan Giggs as a school boy !!!

gavin

We didn't turn down the sister in law shagging scumbag. He decided to go to the rags. Though apparently we might have been a bit slow.

Not sure we really disagree though as I don't feel we need another centre half and would like Garcia or Harwood-Bellis to get a chance in the fourth slot. But they do have to be top class kids. No point in putting in kids that will never be good enough.