News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Book Club

Started by Lekos, February 11, 2015, 22:21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

I think we used to have one on the old site. As I'm old and boring thought I'd start another.

Not long finished Guy Martin's autobiography. Not much point reading it unless you're into bikes and the Manx TT / roadracing. Good read if you are!

Think I'm done with football books for a while, need a break.

Currently reading Unbroken which is pretty damned good. Got a couple of Martin Amis books lined up for after.

Anyone else reading anything other than the Internet / Daily Mail / books on coal mining?

Rowley Birkin QC

Books on multiple personalities?

Lekos

A few users have them nailed down

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Have you seen the Guy Martin programs where he's trying to break various speed and/or endurance records? The over the edge TT documentary he did a few years ago was class as well. He's a proper dude!

Lekos

Yeah the TT Closer to the Edge documentary is class.  Martin is a bit of a mentalist, but in a good, entertaining way.  Not a stabby way.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ye he's a nutter. Clever lad n all

andy1966

Quote from: Lekos on February 11, 2015, 22:21:11
I think we used to have one on the old site. As I'm old and boring thought I'd start another.

Not long finished Guy Martin's autobiography. Not much point reading it unless you're into bikes and the Manx TT / roadracing. Good read if you are!

Think I'm done with football books for a while, need a break.

Currently reading Unbroken which is pretty damned good. Got a couple of Martin Amis books lined up for after.

Anyone else reading anything other than the Internet / Daily Mail / books on coal mining?

Reading about people who actually worked for a living might be to tiring for you , best stick to your lentil farming , and creaming your keks over fair trade coffee

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Lekos

Hahaha. You don't know anything about me Andy. I know you like coal mining and the daily mail and that seems to upset you, which is obviously amusing.

Ludo

Quote from: Lekos on February 14, 2015, 16:56:28
that seems to upset you, which is obviously amusing.

Why would you find upsetting someone amusing?

Sounds like a personality disorder to me.

goat

should run a book on the next person to flounce off to a different site

Lekos

Quote from: Ludo on February 14, 2015, 23:50:05
Quote from: Lekos on February 14, 2015, 16:56:28
that seems to upset you, which is obviously amusing.
Sounds like a personality disorder to me.

It's a prerequisite on here.

shandon

I was going to buy Sergio Aguero's book.

Lekos

shandon

I am going to buy Sergio Aguero's book then  :)
I couldn't find it in the bookstores so I will have to buy it online.

Lekos

Ha. Fair enough - let us know what it's like!

shandon

Maybe other people on here have read it?

goat

cant imagine its that thrilling, most players now its all got up, went training, came home, shagged a chav , played on saturday

more interesting  is the book by some german keeper named lutz pfannenstiel

played in every fifa confederation, only player so far
died 3 times
banged up
stole a penguin

shandon

One of the adverts I saw for the Aguero's book says this:

"Read about surviving Mario's madness, getting caught in the crossfire between Mancini and Tevez or how he grew up playing as Liverpool on the Playstation."

As if that wasn't enough it has a foreword by Lionel Messi.