News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Booing UEFA

Started by gavin, November 04, 2014, 19:41:00

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

The Indy version of the story

Of course the main concentration should be on supporting the team but boy do I hate those fookers.

Zabba

Too busy stuffing their wallets, bank accounts and faces to show any concern for real fans.

Victoria

Although I dislike UEFA for various reasons and they are money grabbing arseholes with no spine over certain tough decisions they had to make. However, I agree that not letting fans travel to Moscow was the right decision. There had been serious crowed trouble at earlier games and the last straw was when Moscow played Bayern in Germany; again marred by crowed trouble. I personally think City fans would be at risk for his/her safety if allowed to go; this decision by UEFA was the right one for safety and not monetary so there is no point in booing UEFA anthem; makes City fans disrespectful losers in the eyes of Europe. 

Ludo

Whether or not UEFA were right to exclude all fans from the game the point is that the decision was made far to late resulting in many City fans being out of pocket. It would be a small cost but a larger gesture for them to reimburse at least the cost of the flights.

That coupled with the blatant manipulation of press and sponsors passes warrants at least some form of protest.

alexsam

Quote from: Chesapeake Blue on November 04, 2014, 20:40:33
Although I dislike UEFA for various reasons and they are money grabbing arseholes with no spine over certain tough decisions they had to make. However, I agree that not letting fans travel to Moscow was the right decision. There had been serious crowed trouble at earlier games and the last straw was when Moscow played Bayern in Germany; again marred by crowed trouble. I personally think City fans would be at risk for his/her safety if allowed to go; this decision by UEFA was the right one for safety and not monetary so there is no point in booing UEFA anthem; makes City fans disrespectful losers in the eyes of Europe.

No one was stopped from travelling, many had booked flights & visas well before UEFA made the decision to supposedly play the game behind closed doors.

What pisses people off is no one from UEFA or the club has tried to resolve anything in terms of refunds for anything. Some might argue that those who went got to see Moscow, pretty valid but would you have gone if not for the match?

Its a farce and we should show some sort of disgust

The Blue Blooded Maniac

City did put up a notice on the official site for any fans effected by the match ban to contact them with receipts.

If uefa had any balls they'd make Moscow reimburse the fans.

Victoria

I had no idea that City fans were out of pocket, UEFA made the decision so they should pay-up!

zacc

A trip like this needs to be organised quite a bit of time ahead so UEFA's decision was way to late for these ones!!
Hopefully the club did sort their expense out  thought really UEFA were the culprits for costing those fans their loss of entrance to the game!