News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Var

Started by bry the guy, August 19, 2019, 22:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

bry the guy

Is all wrong,both teams should be given 3 apeals each half,This will stop what happened AT West ham and in the last minue tVS sPURS AS NOT ONE SPUD APPEALED for a handball so if you don appeal you dont get you   VAR,SIMPLE AS THAT.

bluebrendan

Quote from: bry the guy on August 19, 2019, 22:55:11
Is all wrong,both teams should be given 3 apeals each half,This will stop what happened AT West ham and in the last minue tVS sPURS AS NOT ONE SPUD APPEALED for a handball so if you don appeal you dont get you   VAR,SIMPLE AS THAT.
But with that system if Spurs had an appeal left they would ask for a review anyway in the event of a stoppage-time goal just on the off-chance that there was an infringement. That's what happens in cricket towards the end of an innings, a batsman will ask for a review even if he himself thinks he's bang to rights.

KunDB

What irritates me is the absolute failure to explain why the penalty foul in Rodri was not reviewed and given. Inconsistency.

gavin

It should be binned entirely. It is the worst thing that has happened in the history of sport.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

VAR chief explains penalty and handball decisions against Man City via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/U1ZYw820kZ

KunDB

He’s totally awry with his penalty excuse, and vague on whether or not it was subject to VAR review.

gavin

What a lying bastard. Loads of pens have been given for less than that and refs chiefs have defended that too. Whatever happens they always say that they are right unless it is absolutely impossible to do so. I'd have a lot more respect for refs if one or two of them fronted up occasionally and admitted mistakes. It is a profession that shows no honesty or responsibility. I reckon they were actually better when they were amateurs. They've definitely got worse not better which is why VAR was deemed necessary in the first place.

I'll admit I was wrong. I thought VAR could only be better but I was badly wrong indeed. Should have known that they'd fuck it up entirely. What should have been a quick system to sort obvious fuck ups has become a nit picking nightmare that takes an age.

zacc

Apparently 4 goals have been disallowed this season 3 of which were City's. mmmm
To me the hand ball rule is wrong not necessarily the VAR.
Sadly going to end up with when goals are scored no-one will cheer  or celebrate
that's the enjoyment spoilt.

Neil Mcnab

Technology is here to stay, will get better. We have been on the wrong end, but the worm will turn.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on August 21, 2019, 09:00:58
It should be binned entirely. It is the worst thing that has happened in the history of sport.
It should be an improvement but what we currently have seems to be 3 different implementations of VAR with a different emphasis in each on how it's used -  one for the PL, another for the CL and yet another for international tournaments.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Duuuuuh

Premier League referees refuse to change use of VAR via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/QfWJvMjayZ

KunDB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49683036

Mike Riley & co. admit they got 4 VAR decisions wrong and are making changes. David Silva denied penalty being one of the four.

I prefer honesty and admitting mistakes, that way things can improve. Referees are human and make errors just like we all do, so why cover up or circle the wagons. So, I applaud this approach.

gavin

Very pleased to see that they are finally admitting they have made mistakes. They should still just get rid of it.

bry the guy

They made another one today at bournmouth,that Everton goal was a blatent foul.Ithought they checed every goal.

KunDB

Quote from: bry the guy on September 15, 2019, 15:21:29
They made another one today at bournmouth,that Everton goal was a blatent foul.Ithought they checed every goal.

Correct Bry, a blatant foul by attacker on defender, if it was a City goal I have no doubt it would have been ruled out. 

KunDB

Two incidents in CL tonight.

First Chelsea penalty, commentators confident it would not be given but given dubiously and missed by Barkley.

Second for Napoli, a handball in Liverpool's penalty area by a Liverpool player early in the second half not given. Napoli go on to win 2  0, thanks to a VVD howler mistake.

I am totally confused by VAR, both clearer handballs than Laportes / disallowed goal by Jesus.

bluebrendan

Quote from: KunDB on September 17, 2019, 21:53:36
Two incidents in CL tonight.

First Chelsea penalty, commentators confident it would not be given but given dubiously and missed by Barkley.

Second for Napoli, a handball in Liverpool's penalty area by a Liverpool player early in the second half not given. Napoli go on to win 2  0, thanks to a VVD howler mistake.

I am totally confused by VAR, both clearer handballs than Laportes / disallowed goal by Jesus.
VAR itself isn't the problem, it's being implemented in different ways in different competitions. For example the PL discourage use of the pitch-side monitors by refs while in UEFA comps it's encouraged. Also the PL uses VAR to check if a keeper moves off his line at a pen, UEFA leave that to the assistant.

The new handball rule from FIFA is a farce but again it's nothing to do with VAR.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Spuds robbed of a goal yesterday for a joke offside decision.

I can't be doing with spuds but I was outraged!

Paddy

It's here to stay and we have to live with it. It will even out