News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bernardo charged by FA

Started by Hesperus, October 02, 2019, 10:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Could be up to a 6 game ban.

The tweet was wrong, in my opinion there is no denying it, however the intention to cause a racial insult was not there from him. Exactly the opposite in fact, to his good friend. He should be given some kind of racism educational training and given a stern warning about future conduct but we’ll all know he’ll get the full ban.

Gareth

Yeah, no intent to insult, but pretty fkn stupid. Perhaps Pep should suggest they all exercise restraint when using social media...

Is is an “all football” ban? Or just domestic?

KunDB

As Hesperus stated.

Compare this action to action taken by the authorities against other racist acts in football, surely a stern warning and a course of education would have sufficed.

No one I've heard, even those rightfully criticising this foolish tweet, think it had intentional racism at its core or that Bernardo is in anyway racist.

So, the question I would like an answer too, is why is this company allowed to continue using this character without action being taken against them. Surely, use of this racist character to promote sweets, for children, is totally dangerous and unacceptable.

gavin

Bernardo was stupid but not malicious and this should have been and should be taken into account. By coming down so hard on this they are bringing Kick It Out into disrepute. They should be targetting people acting with malicious intent and educating people like Bernard who make mistakes. It is obvious that this is just a stupid mistake by Bernard. I'm getting a bit annoyed by the fuss and now the charge brought here. They're picking on a lad who was just naive.

Neil Mcnab

Mendy wasnt  insulted, no racism was intended, I dont see an issue. The same chocolate brand has a white figure, if someone posted Bernardo as a kid and that image, no one could care less.

lee

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on October 04, 2019, 21:01:07
Mendy wasnt  insulted, no racism was intended, I dont see an issue. The same chocolate brand has a white figure, if someone posted Bernardo as a kid and that image, no one could care less.

I would :D

Paddy

Sorry but he is a stupid fecker, no excuses

Gareth

gavin

gavin

Banned for a match. Typical gutless FA cop out. Bernardo is innocent of only foolishness and it is cruel to label him as racist.

Paddy

Sorry Gavin but while racism is a major concern in all sports: Silver made a stupid remark and had to face the consequences