News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Southampton (EFL)

Started by KunDB, October 29, 2019, 18:51:33

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Bravo, Walker, Otamendi, Garcia, Angeliño, Doyle, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo, Jesus, Agüero (C)

SUBS | Carson, Stones, De Bruyne, Silva, Cancelo, Bernabe, Poveda

C'mon City

Gareth

Nice to see the name “Doyle” in the City line-up!

gavin

Hard to see why Southampton bothered to turn up but City going through the motions. No injuries please.

gavin

A worthwhile run out for the younger players.

Stephen Paul

Doyle on the team sheet , brilliant

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Just want to point something out. In the second half Kun made a run across the box, just inside, and a saints player wafted a leg towards the ball. Kun side stepped the leg and carried on his run, but if he had stayed straight it would (well should be, depending what mood the refs in) have been a penalty.

Yes it's very admiral that he dodged the leg, but I feel like that's been part of our downfall in the champions league. We've been very naive and need to adapt to the 'European way'. It migtt be beneficial if playing the likes of Barcelona or whoever, and the same were to happen, it would be best for Kun to carry on for the contact.

Gareth

gavin

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on October 30, 2019, 10:46:49
Just want to point something out. In the second half Kun made a run across the box, just inside, and a saints player wafted a leg towards the ball. Kun side stepped the leg and carried on his run, but if he had stayed straight it would (well should be, depending what mood the refs in) have been a penalty.

Yes it's very admiral that he dodged the leg, but I feel like that's been part of our downfall in the champions league. We've been very naive and need to adapt to the 'European way'. It migtt be beneficial if playing the likes of Barcelona or whoever, and the same were to happen, it would be best for Kun to carry on for the contact.

I'd rather go out than manufacture fouls. Play for the ball not for fouls.

lee

Quote from: gavin on October 30, 2019, 20:54:01
I'd rather go out than manufacture fouls. Play for the ball not for fouls.

Indeed.We are not Scousers.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Manufactured Or play to the whistle and the foul? It's very fine margins between the foul that's from a silly challenge fron the defender or seeking the challenge and diving.

Like I said, if Kun HADN'T have moved his leg, he would have gotten a foul and penalty.

For example, that famous foul that Ashley Young did a few years ago when he moved his leg towards the defender and won the penalty, different kettle.