Author Topic: VAR  (Read 157 times)

KunDB

• citymanc
VAR
« on: November 04, 2019, 21:31:56 »
  ARTICLE ON VAR 

Premier League clubs will discuss whether managers should be ­allowed to appeal a refereeing decision during a game in a potentially radical change to how the video ­assistant referees are used.

One chairman told Telegraph Sport that he would be in favour of each team being given up to three appeals over contentious ­incidents during a game. However, the Premier League will strongly argue against it – claiming it will lead to time-wasting and tactical appeals by managers to break up play and run down the clock.

I have argued for that managers should have a right to ask for a VAR review, two per game only, for all decisions that are not offside decisons, but offside should only be applied by VAR if it is 'clear and obvious' offside in my opinion.

I would also argue that the game should not stop while a VAR review is underway. Only stop the game if after  the VAR review the referee has been advised to review their decision.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 23:36:44 by KunDB »

gavin

• Administrator
  • citymanc
Re: VAR
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 21:43:04 »
Bin it completely. It is the ruination of football. At weekend, I only half celebrated our second goal because of the fear of it being disallowed.

KunDB

• citymanc
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 22:15:49 »
I have to say I am coming to that view as well, that binning it may be best for football. Except, I cannot help think it should be used for, 'clear and obvious' offsides. But no stopping play, that is the real curse brought about by officialdom.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 23:37:25 by KunDB »

Gareth

• citymanc
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 19:50:12 »
I think VAR is designed for the entertainment of the television audience; not with the fans at the game in mind, or even whether referees' in-game decisions are right or wrong. It's all part of the spectacle as viewed from your sofa.

bry the guy

• citymanc
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 22:51:40 »
ITS CRAP

stephenmcfc

• citymanc
  • I.T technician
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 04:39:53 »
If VAR doesn't improve by the end of this season it should be scrapped completely   

gavin

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 21:09:01 »
There's a lot of games becoming a circus these days. Do they want the entertainment of football or chaos?

reddishblue

• citymanc
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 01:18:48 »
Some refs like seeing themselves on the telly rather than paying attention. VAR gives them even more of an excuse to fuck up.

stephenmcfc

• citymanc
  • I.T technician
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 06:40:32 »
VAR is corrupt

popular teams are getting the decisions and City are not one of those popular teams