News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bob Willis

Started by gavin, December 04, 2019, 20:48:34

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

A great cricketer. One of the greatest performances in sporting history at Headingley. He was a wonderful, opinionated expert on cricket for Sky - the complete antithesis of anodyne Jamie Redknapp. Also a big City fan and often mentioned City on air long before we were good. RIP blue.

Hesperus

I grew up watching him play for England and he was one of the main reasons for my love of all things Cricket.

Chatted to him for ages about City after a test match in Sri Lanka many years ago. Got a great picture of me in my City shirt with him towering above me! 

Really friendly guy and a great pundit after he retired from the game.

70 is no age. RIP Bob.

gavin

He was the epitome of 'playing like a man possessed' at Headingley in 1981. I feel like professional sportsmen should show that level of commitment and determination in every game but clearly they don't. A lot of footballers look barely arsed enough to play at times.

Stephen Paul

Neil Mcnab

They called them Bothams ashes, but Willis performance with the ball was crucial. Is Hesperus a dwarf? When someone goes, it always reminds me to live life to the full.

Hesperus

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 06, 2019, 11:12:20
. Is Hesperus a dwarf?

Lol, yeah! 🙂.

5 foot 6 vs 6 foot 5!

bluebrendan

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 06, 2019, 11:12:20
They called them Bothams ashes, but Willis performance with the ball was crucial.
Yes, he had as much bearing on the outcome of that series as Beefy, tremendous bowler with that quirky run-up.