News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at wolves

Started by gavin, December 27, 2019, 20:52:38

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Be a great game to win. One up at half time but still going to be tough down to ten men for so long. VAR being reasonable for a change.

Swiss

I've said it before, but I'm not sure what Gundogan brings to the team

gavin

Mendy can fuck right off. The others put in a decent effort I thought.

Neil Mcnab

Edersons early bath ditched the game. Mistakes then undid the initial good work of two goals up. The league is long gone.

Swiss

The only way for us to win the league is if LFC spectacularly trip themselves up

Hesperus

How our recruitment policy has allowed us to have a defence like this is totally unprofessional. Tixi, Khaldoon should take a long look in the mirror. It’s not the first time either. We always fail to strengthen properly after a title win.

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on December 27, 2019, 21:54:22
The only way for us to win the league is if LFC spectacularly trip themselves up

Not going to happen. The league was gone weeks ago. We’ll be lucky to win anything this season with this defence. I certainly don’t feel confident about the semi against the scum. 

Paddy

it was a total bollocks; crap, From both Management and players. Pep made the wrong decisions when he took both Marez and KGB off.. That left Wolves free to push up their midfield and also the defence with little fear of retaliation. Replacement with  second stream player in Garcia and a dodgy Gudolang (excuse spelling). To early to shut the stable door. Not a smart move and certainly not a professional one. Is Pep on his way out ?. Maybe so. Def skuppered on Sunday. PS: Ederson was STUPID

goat

out of interest paddy, anyone in your family named tori?

Paddy

Paddy

Out of interest goat, how would you put Paddy and Tori together..?. I can imagine: Goat, fresh straw and a pair of wellies. Don't be a smart arse, it spoils your character as a pessimist. "Is that your coat your jacket" Blodwin. Put it on, you've pulled. Yake Da....!!!; That's is with  Welsh acsent according to my ex wife who spoke the language, as spoken in Brynmar

goat

guessing you were in a and e for some kind of brain injury

its whos coat is that jacket, not to be confused with are you reading that paper you are sitting on or see those two houses there, mines the one in the middle

iachi dda isnt it boyo bach

goat

Quote from: Paddy on December 27, 2019, 22:54:48
Out of interest goat, how would you put Paddy and Tori together..?

both clueless

Paddy

At least I got u going Taffy, meaning don't try to take the "Mick". I am English. Not living on my original patch but still a Loyalist Brit

Swiss

For clarity, I should have pre-fixed my statement with "the title went with Laporte and the only way to win it is if LFC spectacularly slip up.

goat

got me going? dont try to take the mick?

welcome to citymancs  :D

Swiss

Though the defence is poor now, we dont actually need that much of a tweak.

With Dinho leaving and I imagine one of Otamendi or John Stones moving on, one (comanding) CB coming in and Garcia/Taylor-Harwood stepping up... then sort out LB and we're sorted... in theory...

goat

lad from napoli mentioned a bit

Paddy

Swiss

You still banging on about hamsik?

goat

oh aye, get hamsik in!

nah, koulibaly

Paddy

Swiss; The whole defence need a major tweak as does the midfield and we also need another striker; but most of all we need some height in most strategic positions

goat

so other than at the back, midfield and up front you are ok with the team?

Paddy

Paddy

Goat, u and I should open a separate page so we can both slag each other off !!!

goat

hahah crack on fella

Paddy

O r we could just pretend lol

goat

nah, already started a thread for you lad

Paddy

You don't realise but u and I have known each other on this forum for at least ten years on and off. Your not a bad fellow in fact I like u a lot (Not like that), but have always been good crack, I even ember when u were persona non grata...

goat

the people ive had rows with blur into one over the years

Paddy

Many and often, and I admire u for it. Are u actually as your user name would refer ie: "Goat", Welsh ?

goat

who the fuck would pretend to be welsh?

and the goat is in honour of citys greatest ever bermudan

Paddy

Thanks for showing your true colours !!! I salute u

Swiss

Quote from: Paddy on December 27, 2019, 23:24:57
Swiss; The whole defence need a major tweak as does the midfield and we also need another striker; but most of all we need some height in most strategic positions

GK: Ederson, Bravo - happy (plus 3rd kerper)

RB: I'm happy with wslker/cancelo.

CB: Laporte/ Otamendi/ Taylor/ Garcia

LB: if Mendy can work on his concentration... Zinchenko is a good squad player. But one will likely have to make way.

DM: I like Rodri.

CM: KDB, Foden, Bernado

Wide Forward: Sterling, Mahrez

ST: Aguero, Jesus (who I think is a better midfielder than striker)

Leaving space for 7 players to replace for the 24 man squad

I think Fernandinho, D. Silva and Sane will go (not that I want them to)
I'd rather swap gundogan for some energy...
I've gone with stones

Shopping list.

1 x CB
1 x LB
1 x CM
1 x Wide forward
1 x Striker

Plus 2 kids

Paddy

Hey Swiss u def need to review your choice, it stinks as have many of your previous predictions over the previous seasons

gavin

Pep still insistent that were buying nobody in his recent pressers. Last night was depressing. I could do with something to excite again at the start of January now. If decent players at the back or quick attackers are available then we should pounce.

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on December 28, 2019, 00:22:49

Shopping list.

1 x CB
1 x LB
1 x CM
1 x Wide forward
1 x Striker

Plus 2 kids

I agree with your shopping list but that’s 5 first team players required! The question has to be asked, how has the club allowed the first team to need that much surgery? Very poor planning and recruitment policy, I thought we were better run than that.

KunDB

The problems lie within defence mainly. We are vulnerable to a ball over the top as we lack pace in defence. Otamendi is average and slow. Mendy a clueless wimp. Walker lacks concentration. Bravo is no better than Joe Hart.

Rebuild around Laporte and Garcia. Get a competent back up goalie as a matter of urgency.

Our best hope this season has to be retaining the Carabao Cup as we are nowhere near good and competent enough to win the CL.

The secret of top top teams is the manager getting rid of the top players at the right time (as they just go over their peak) and ditching the bad players ASAP. Pep has failed to do that.

lee

i blame pep for last night's defeat..mahrez should have come off first when eddy got sent off and kev should never have come off...depressing stuff

KunDB

I would add how any sane person/manager would allow Sterling to take a penalty is beyond me. He is pathetic at it.

lee

Quote from: KunDB on December 28, 2019, 09:24:35
The problems lie within defence mainly. We are vulnerable to a ball over the top as we lack pace in defence. Otamendi is average and slow. Mendy a clueless wimp. Walker lacks concentration. Bravo is no better than Joe Hart.

Rebuild around Laporte and Garcia. Get a competent back up goalie as a matter of urgency.

Our best hope this season has to be retaining the Carabao Cup as we are nowhere near good and competent enough to win the CL.

The secret of top top teams is the manager getting rid of the top players at the right time (as they just go over their peak) and ditching the bad players ASAP. Pep has failed to do that.

agree with most of what you write

we need a big bastard centre half thats about 7 foot tall that can win a header..

give spurs what they want for kane

Swiss

I agree, Pep has to take a share of the blame.

By taking off attacking players, we had no respite and invited wolves onto us.

I'm not going to bash Mendy too much, he wasnt the only one that contributed to our downfall

Rowley Birkin QC

Mendy was clearly fouled.

Quote from: lee on December 28, 2019, 09:51:04

we need a big bastard centre half thats about 7 foot tall that can win a header..

Yes, this has occurred to me (last season, as well as this). Too often out-muscled in the midfield 50/50's 

Stephen Paul

Fernandinho is badly missed in midfield

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 29, 2019, 03:42:20
Mendy was clearly fouled.

Yes, this has occurred to me (last season, as well as this). Too often out-muscled in the midfield 50/50's

de jong available?

as great as the midfield is nobody is likely to be scared of them without the ball

Hesperus

That why we miss Fernandinho so much in midfield. The Fernandinho experiment in defence hasn’t worked. We’ve lost 5 games now and I doubt we’d have lost any more had he stayed in midfield. I think Pep is very stubborn though and won’t change it until Laporte gets back in Feb.

goat

christ knows how far we will be behind in february

the way things are now with the club ending with the milk and fa cups will be a bad year if we are 20 points behind the dippers

Paddy

I agree with both Lee and  KunDB. Sterling should never had to take pen but who else ?>. KDB should have never been replaced, nor Marez (Not a (fav). but both keeping middle field and def attack from advancing. choices lead to enforce attack from opposition. End of...