News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pool Replay Disrespect

Started by KunDB, January 27, 2020, 22:47:05

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51272898

It is a disgrace that Liverpool are choosing to disrespect the second domestic trophy by fielding a kids team in their replay against Shrewsbury.

The hollow argument of player welfare is rubbish, Liverpool agreed to the FA Cup schedule and knew if they needed a replay the date it would likely happen fell within their break slightly reducing it. So, Klopp did not have the right to tell players they would regardless have the fortnight football free.

Second time they have done this this season. Just imagine the outrage if it was City doing it.

What will happen if Liverpool win the league with loads of games to spare and decide to play the kids in some of their Premier League games maybe even against or affecting relegation threatened teams. Will it be ignored and tolerated?

The FA should take very strong action against them and their attitude that they are above and better than the rest of their opposition and do not have to show respect to a wee team (in their opinion) like Shrewsbury.

Stephen Paul

the FA Cup is too small for them now like it was for the Rags many moons ago

Someday they will need a cup run , wankers

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Well the league is pretty much theirs so the FA cup is second to the chumps league now.

But yes, I see what your saying. It is disrespectful to their opponents and the cup but I'm sure they are happy as if it wasn't for their own goal it'd be happy days!

I don't blame the bindippers though for putting their eggs in one basket. If they won the league and nothing else it would be the party of the century! Unfortunately.

By the way, the Shrewsbury striker was fookin good, a nutter n all apparently! Top lad!

lee

offended by everything..ashamed of nothing

KunDB

I would also add that there is no excuse for Klopp not being there. He’s not a ‘worn out’ player.

I fear this is more of the big clubs starving the smaller clubs of much needed and welcomed cash, which they can get now and again through the FA Cup.

This article says it better than I ever could.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/fa-cup-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-premier-league-aristocrisy-death-mourn-hypocrisy-a9305241.html

gavin

They've plenty of fringe players that could play and it would do them good. No need at all to send the youth team. I'd be livid if it was us.

Stephen Paul

Paddy

I think it is all about the principle of the winter break and having to play in it. An FA feck up

KunDB

Quote from: Paddy on January 29, 2020, 10:58:13
I think it is all about the principle of the winter break and having to play in it. An FA feck up

Not correct.

The FA had no other choice off dates, so they agreed the replay dates with all PL clubs and even wrote out to PL clubs and managers afterwards warning them that should they need a replay in the 4th round that this would eat into their winter break reducing it by up to 3 days.

Klopp choose to play a significantly weakened team in this round risking a replay. His arrogance and that of Liverpool probably meant they still thought they ould cruise through without a replay. They were disillusioned of that too late in the tie when Shrewsbury scored twice. Klopp then in semi panic threw on Salah and Firmino to rescue him and the club from their arrogant behaviour, but to no avail. So here they are today, talking bullshit and lies to justify their appalling disrespect and contempt of domestic competitions in their pursuit of more money. It also totally disrespects their own fans who I am sure would be happy to win the FA Cup. .

Stephen Paul

hope we tank the fookers when they visit the Etihad

Paddy

A winter break is a winter break and should not be encroached upon !!!

gavin

Pointless winter break anyway. There's still the same number of games. They just need to be more fitted in elsewhere! So how is that going to help players really? They should have done away with replays completely and the two legged semi of the Carabao. It shows how ridiculous they are that we now have a two legged semi that then goes direct to penalties.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

In the coming years the Champs league, club world Cup and proper world cup are all being expanded. Fekin joke.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on January 29, 2020, 22:01:03
Pointless winter break anyway. There's still the same number of games. They just need to be more fitted in elsewhere! So how is that going to help players really? They should have done away with replays completely and the two legged semi of the Carabao. It shows how ridiculous they are that we now have a two legged semi that then goes direct to penalties.

Spot on Gavin.

KunDB

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on January 30, 2020, 13:22:38
In the coming years the Champs league, club world Cup and proper world cup are all being expanded. Fekin joke.

And that is what exposes the fake principled stand by Klopp and Liverpool, and shines a light on the pursuit of money 💰 at the expense  of player welfare.

KunDB

And so it has come to pass. Liverpool putting two fingers up at the major domestic cup trophy while they relax on a beach. Let’s see what action will be taken.

Poor Shrewsbury punished financially as the match is understandably not being shown on TV.

Good to see Pep remind the PL of their attacks on City when they were running away with the league and wondering why the deafening silence now Liverpool are even bigger runaway leaders.

gavin

Both them and the rags are only worthy of utter contempt for their arrogant behaviour.

KunDB

Now they have won no doubt The Messiah Klopp will reward them by playing them in the next round. Not to rest his first team for the CL no no no because he is such a warm caring bloke and loves everyone at Anfield especially the young players.

Stephen Paul

nobody else would get away with it

Always the victims

Shrewsbury lost over 500 000.00 in tickets sales and tv money because of Klopp

Stephen Paul

If the FA dont take action against Liverpool the FA Cup is finished