News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at Spuds

Started by gavin, February 02, 2020, 15:34:47

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Fernandinho (C), Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero.

SUBS | Bravo, G Jesus, Bernardo, D Silva, Cancelo, Foden, Garcia.

No Silva starting. No Stones, Mendy or Laporte in the squad.

Stephen Paul

Laporte injured or being nursed back slowly for Europe ?

Stephen Paul

happy enough to see Mendy and Stones left at home

KunDB

So am I. C’mon City.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Let’s just have Ederson takes penalties and stop all this messing around.

lee

Let Eddie take the next penalty for fook sake!!

Sterling has to come off for me.

Mahrez wasteful.

Ferny our best player

Stephen Paul

get Bernardo on for Sterling

gavin

Football is just a farce now. I can't believe they give a penalty after all that time. You could see it in 20 seconds surely. Could have had two penalties on Sterling too.

How can so many professional footballers fuck up penalties? Mind, we still should be a couple up at least with the chances we've had.

Gareth

lee

Quote from: Gareth on February 02, 2020, 17:33:20
300th appearance today.

a day he will want to forget

lee

Once again they have 2 shots on target and 2 goals

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on February 02, 2020, 18:08:16
Once again they have 2 shots on target and 2 goals
worrying

gavin

That first 60 minutes was like a Prem team v a conference team. Same old story we've seen all season. By far the better team has lost to a team that actually puts it in the net.

Hesperus

No fight in this team.

Can’t score despite so many efforts (and penalties!) and can’t defend. Something has gone badly wrong this season. 

KunDB

Believe your eyes. That is what so many years of watching football has taught me. If it doesn't look right it ain't right.

So Hesperus I agree with you, something has gone badly wrong behind the scenes this season

So many players underperforming, our passing so scrappy at times, so wasteful in front of goal and so incoherent in defence.

Pep you need to work miracles now and revive ths team for the Champions League.

Rowley Birkin QC

What the f#*k was that?

Hesperus

Rodri - when he plays we look even more vulnerable at the back (if that is even possible!). He’s got a good touch and is a good player but I just don’t think he suits our style. He’s just not in the same league as Fernandinho. His lack of mobility/speed is a real problem and he’s not quick of thought when he receives the ball. I’ll give him a season to bed in and get adjusted to the speed of the game here, but so far I’m not impressed.