News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The body language from Pep

Started by Stephen Paul, February 03, 2020, 03:13:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

doesn't look good these days

No strong Captain to lead on the pitch     

Shit at corners , penalties and defending . The only thing City are good at these days is possession with no end result

I think we need 2 transfer windows to sort out the cracks in the team but will Pep hang around ?

The reality of this team is we have lost the two real influential players of the last decade, Kompany and the outgoing Silva 

Stephen Paul

KunDB

A strong centre back of the quality of Laporte to play alongside him. A fast mobile clever reader of a game replacement for Fernandinho. Defence is the source of all our problems.

Hesperus

Peps looked unhappy most of the season I think. It’s hard to predict where his mind is at because he’s such an intense, complex character. I never thought he’d stay longer than his current contract but he could be thinking it’s time to go earlier. He’s clearly frustrated.

The club is in a different position too. The squad needs a lot of money spending on it this summer. Should they give it to a manager who will be gone 12 months later?

Stephen Paul

I always thought Arteta was being groomed for the hot seat at City

lee

we'll end up winning the chumps league now  :D

gavin

No shit he looks frustrated, he ain't used to losing and he doesn't like it much. We can still win everything bar the league. It is going to be difficult, a few perplexing problems to sort no doubt. How we manage to create so many chances and fail to score with world class forwards is a riddle that I could never solve. Its matched by how we manage to concede or look like conceding from every chance. However, these players and the manager have done it for us in the past and can again.

Bowdonblue

I remember us being 4-0 down at Leicester in his first season and he looked the same then as he did last Sunday. Perplexed.

Personally, I think we are still a great side, just not getting the rub of the green.

Take this season. How many times has the ball bounced in our favour in the box so David Silva (for example) can just poke the ball in the goal?

It's the sort of thing you need in your favour, and it's been lacking this season.

Christ, when we had all those seasons when relegation called, I can remember instances when you just couldn't believe your eyes. Does anyone remember that 50:50 challenge at Maine Rd near the edge of the centre circle that resulted in the ball looping up and over Nicky weavers head into the goal?

We aren't going to see City winning the title every year. It's going to be up and down. We are going to Wembley, we'll probably finish runners up in the League, and who knows what in the FA Cup and Champions League.

I'm not reading too much into it, and I'd rather have what we now have than watching that ball looping into the net at Maine Rd all those years ago.

It's just my opinion, but we still have a lot to look forward to this season.

gavin

We still have a lot to look forward to but there is going to have to be big improvements in finishing and defending for us to win the Chumps.

KunDB

The lack of confidence in front of goal our last two games was an eye opener.

Our inability to take and convert penalties a serious embarrassment.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on February 04, 2020, 22:07:12
The lack of confidence in front of goal our last two games was an eye opener.

Our inability to take and convert penalties a serious embarrassment.
Think the word confidence hits the nail on the head