News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Dave Watson

Started by Paddy, February 15, 2020, 09:27:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Reportedly not to well, caused by to much heading of the ball

Rowley Birkin QC

Very sad and sorry to hear this. Loved watching Dave play.

Paddy

He was a great player, one of my favourites. Now suffering degenerative brain damage from severe concussions and heading the ball to much. "Chronic traumatic encephalopathy. His wife says he has good days and bad days...

Hesperus

One of my dads favourite players. Very sad news.

gavin

Shame to be injured by sport. Heading really needs to be under proper consideration now. I believe he was a great player.

Stephen Paul

great player and professional

goat

they can only really say its cte after you died

Paddy

cte can be life long and can be managed with treatment. No cure...

goat

https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/what-is-dementia/related_conditions/chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy-(cte)

A definitive diagnosis can only be made through an autopsy after death. Scientists are working to further understand CTE and to identify ways to diagnose CTE during life.

Paddy

Unable to find that url that u posted

goat

was fine last night, anyway i pasted that bit from it

if cte and heading the ball was that big a thing wouldnt pretty much everyone that played from the 60s back be all messed up

Paddy

Their seems to an ever growing number who are

goat

definite cte lads

junior seau
dave duerson
chris benoit
andre waters
aaron hernandez

thats just off the top of my head and all have something in common besides brains that turned to soup, have a read about benoit and hernandez, fun stuff

thankfully that doesnt sound like watson

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Aaron Hernandez has a Netflix documentary on him. Drags on a bit so best just to skip to the last episode.