News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

All PL and FA cup games suspended until 4th April

Started by Hesperus, March 13, 2020, 12:32:14

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Bo Jo has indirectly and indecisively banned events requiring Emergency Workers cover. He stated we are b moving away from them, better if he just made a decision rather than dither and dather as he always does and just ban events.

So that’s football behind closed doors out now.

Neil Mcnab

It makes sense to cancel any event having any type of medical staff in attendance. I guess even St Johns ambulance and the like will be required to help with coronavirus patients.

KunDB

Premier League Behind Closed Doors as Early as May?

Well I hate to pour cold water on the hope of others but I seriously doubt this will happen. It is a case of burying your head in sand to hide from reality, so not to take a financial hit. There simply is no getting away from it all clubs will take a financial hit. Open or closed stadium the risks and issues are the same. Do players, officials and staff want to isolate themselves from their families? Because that would be needed to ensure they don’t bring this crippling and often deadly virus 🦠 home to more vulnerable relatives and others.

City being debt free are best placed to face this financial crisis, so let us all brace for the condemnation of our club for being debt free and better situated to ride out the storm.

gavin

I'd settle now for the season starting as normal in August. Even that seems a tad optimistic. Footballers have to get within two metres of each other so playing behind closed doors is impossible for the forseeable.