News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Corona

Started by reddishblue, March 20, 2020, 17:49:48

Previous topic - Next topic

reddishblue

Loads of it in the shops so I bought a couple of bottles. Not bad, light and refreshing.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Desperados for me mate!

goat

They would have to be desperado

The Blue Blooded Maniac

reddishblue

Coronaded out me ed tonight.

reddishblue

There is no need to panic - yet.

reddishblue

You can panic now.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

reddishblue

gavin

It's really, really bad you must stay in, never leave the house or you'll die. By the way don't forget to go to work as normal, even if you work in a completely non-essential position, because no matter how serious this is - work is more important. Typical Tory bollocks. Either it is deadly serious or not. What a fucking shambles.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on March 24, 2020, 21:43:56
It's really, really bad you must stay in, never leave the house or you'll die. By the way don't forget to go to work as normal, even if you work in a completely non-essential position, because no matter how serious this is - work is more important. Typical Tory bollocks. Either it is deadly serious or not. What a fucking shambles.
You working from home, Gav?

Fucking ridiculous approach from the government, it's either essential work only - NHS-related and food distribution and supply - or just carry on as normal, you can't have some daft halfway house.

I'm eagerly (ha!) awaiting to see what the government has in store to help the self-employed, my income plummeted by about 75% when the exams were cancelled.

gavin

I'm working from home but I'm actually off this week anyway so even better. I'd expect some risk if I was a key worker but I know several people who work in factories and small businesses that are totally unnecessary at the moment but have to go in to work regardless. It is utterly shameful to present this as a deadly crisis where people must stay in and then leave these people in the lurch having to go to work. Not to mention their families. These people are told to stay in and then have someone coming back in to the house who has been in contact with numerous people anyway! It is farcical.

Let's be clear they have made a calculation of lives v economy and lives lost. Though, I have doubts whether it will end up being better for the economy anyway.

Allegedly you'll get 80% of your income come June but good luck with it. Knowing the Tories it will be near impossible.

reddishblue

The thing is in most European countries when people are unemployed/sick whatever the various governments have always paid circa 80% or so of earnings. Here the tory bastards would have you believe they're being extremely generous and we should be thankful.

goat

Quote from: bluebrendan on March 26, 2020, 16:49:30
You working from home, Gav?

Fucking ridiculous approach from the government, it's either essential work only - NHS-related and food distribution and supply - or just carry on as normal, you can't have some daft halfway house.

I'm eagerly (ha!) awaiting to see what the government has in store to help the self-employed, my income plummeted by about 75% when the exams were cancelled.

so you are alive you old sod, pesty was worried about you

goat

boris eh

someone had bat and chips for tea

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: goat on March 27, 2020, 16:01:54
so you are alive you old sod, pesty was worried about you

I'm sure it was you who expressed concern first? Silly old git.

Good to see that you managed to break free from the mountain of bog roll Brenda. Atleast if you shit yourself you were well supplied.

bluebrendan

Yes, thanks for the concern guys....I think.  :o

"Mountain of bog roll" - very funny BBM, not seen one of those for weeks.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Silly me, mountain of daily sport then :D

Rowley Birkin QC

Australian scientists like to try things out...

Here we had the same lives v economy bollocks.  Government told us not to shop for anything but absolute essentials - but ordered all the shopping centres to stay open - with all their scented candle gift shops and boutique fashion emporiums!