News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

CL Ban Press Story

Started by KunDB, March 24, 2020, 23:51:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

I have my serious doubts over this claim. Probably made up to fill empty football pages. Claims eight of the top ten PL clubs plus one have lodged an objection with CAS to City potentially playing in next seasons CL pending their appeal.

Story Link

Be embarrassing for the clubs involved if they have. Also good excuse for City to take retaliatory action by obstructing any rearranging of this seasons PL games if this had even a glimmer of truth.

Neil Mcnab

If it was from a proper newspaper...

gavin

Are there any proper newspapers?

KunDB

The lack of denials by other clubs is fairly worrying, in that story could have some base truth.

Pretty petty action if true and would show other clubs so jealous and vindictive against City they can’t even wait for due process. As things stand they don’t know with certainty City are guilty, and won’t be acquitted on appeal to CAS. So why write asking for a ban to be enforced.

Shows the motivation behind these charges, based on leaked and hacked emails, is far from FFP desires and more to do with clubs self interest and stopping fair and open competition and investment in the PL and CL.

Rowley Birkin QC

Being more widely reported now.

The naked opportunism of this is disgusting. I don't expect much better from the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Spuds, or the rags - but Burnley signing this letter is a sick joke, and Wolves need to be very careful in case someone decides to take a forensic peek at their dubious looking business model.

All credit to The Blades for not putting their name to it.

gavin

It is little surprise, if true. This is how football is. I work with a Bolton fan and all the other clubs in their division are still trying to kick them when they are down despite them having new owners. Naked self interest with no principle is very fashionable.

KunDB

I agree Gavin, there is a lot of low life in football with nothing but greed and selfishness at their core.

Story Link   

Liverpool, Leicester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Burnley

So much for unity in this time of crisis.

City are the club with the most games to play potentially to complete their season. This pits City in a strong position to support or veto any plan to complete the PL, FA Cup and CL. City now need to, in light of this, do as Liverpool has done this season put the Health & Safety of the players and staff at the centre of any decision-making on this matter. Games should be well spaced out to prevent player burn out and injury, time should be ample to get players back to 'match fitness' and players should be allowed their proper summer break and pre-season training. Any crammed rescheduled programme should be firmly rejected by City and if this means the PL has to be voided, so be it. I no longer have any sympathy for Liverpool FC. After all, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52064082

All football in England below the National League will end immediately with results from the 2019-20 campaigns rendered null and void, despite some clubs losing out badly.

"South Shields were 12 points clear at the top of the Northern Premier League with nine games to play. But the north east club, joint-managed by former Blackburn striker Graham Fenton, will now miss out on their chance of playing in National League North next season."