News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

PL Season could be lost

Started by Stephen Paul, March 29, 2020, 05:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

In all honesty with the NHS struggling to cope , people losing jobs , folk dying at random

It should be scrapped now , who really gives a fook at this present time

KunDB

It is the old greed and selfishness of football, money, money, money over public health. It disgusts me when they try to set it up as an act of goodness to raise the nations moral, when it is clearly all about money - clubs fearing losing the PL TV money for this season.

Well said Stephen, this is life or death, not football. PL, UEFA and FA get your morals and priorities sorted, show common decency.

lee

sack it off now..who gives a fuck about football right now...i dont!!

KunDB

‘Isolated World Cup style camps’ to finish this PL season is being muted, according to The Independent. Players, staff, media, officials all put in separate hotels for duration.

“A cultural event as big as the Premier League returning would be seen as a big step in the return to normality, as well as a psychological boost to the nation. There is also the competition’s part in getting the economy moving, especially given the size of the TV event the games would be, driving industries from advertising to gambling.”

Have they forgotten it is only those who can afford to pay the exorbitant fees to Sky and/or BT (both if you want to watch all your clubs games) who get to watch the games.

IMO More highlighting the nations rich poor divide than uniting the nation providing a ‘psychological boost’ and raising moral. I presume over 75’s who have lost their free tv licence and are most at risk from this virus won’t be able to afford to watch, those on Universal Credit (including the 500,000 new cases in the last fortnight  now having to sign on as a result of this virus) or those on zero hour contracts or low wages requiring dependence on benefits to barely survive. 

Just more spin and bullshit by an incompetent government and its politicians to deflect from their mega failures to address this crisis properly. Warmly embraced by football clubs (and their marketing departments) desperate to avoid any significant financial hit at any cost to avoid the gravy train derailing.

Disgusting and low morals, Suitably displayed by the hyperbole used:
“A cultural event as big as the Premier League returning would be seen as a big step in the return to normality” and “There is also the competition’s part in getting the economy The gambling economy I presume that football so heavily relies upon for income.

The real motivation is revealed:
“The huge broadcasting contracts and other financial concerns have increased the pressure on clubs to complete the season, but one considerable advantage to the idea is that it would be a “TV mega-event””.

I could bore more ranting but I won’t. Just open your eyes and your minds. Football v lives lost en masse.   

lee

My mum is hospital for 2 days now with severe pneumonia and she tested positive for Covid 19 yesterday  :-[

gavin

Bugger, I hope she recovers soon Lee.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on March 30, 2020, 11:28:47
My mum is hospital for 2 days now with severe pneumonia and she tested positive for Covid 19 yesterday  :-[

I’m am so sorry to hear that.

Please god all will be well and she recovers.

A tough time for you and your family Lee. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 

bluebrendan

Best wishes to your mum, Lee, hope she makes a full recovery.

goat

Stephen Paul

best wishes for your mum Lee 

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Sorry to hear about your mam Lee mate. Here's to a speedy recovery mate.

Hesperus

Hope she’s ok Mate.

KunDB

Lee, I hope your Mum is defeating this horrible deadly virus. My thoughts and prayers are with your Mum and family. I hope your Mum gets well very soon.

lee

Thanks everyone..They are taking her home today..She's on the mend!! Thank fuck for that!!

lee

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on April 02, 2020, 13:29:00
Fekin Belgium's giving them ideas

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/11967444/coronavirus-belgian-season-to-end-club-brugge-to-be-awarded-title

Only 1 game left in that league so make sense i suppose.
We still have 30 points to play for and who knows if the scousers would win another match!!

Bin it

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: lee on April 02, 2020, 13:52:39
Thanks everyone..They are taking her home today..She's on the mend!! Thank fuck for that!!

Mint! Nice one lad!!

Quote from: lee on April 02, 2020, 13:54:29
Only 1 game left in that league so make sense i suppose.
We still have 30 points to play for and who knows if the scousers would win another match!!

Bin it

It also says on that link that the Belgium league has a play off between the top 6 to decide who is champion?

Club Brugge were 15 points clear with one game remaining of the Belgian regular season, after which the top six teams would have competed in a play-off competition to determine who was crowned champion.

If that's the case then that is very strange that they would have awarded it to Brugge.

gavin

Great, made up she made it old pal.

KunDB

Great news, delighted for you both.