News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

PL Season could be lost

Started by Stephen Paul, March 29, 2020, 05:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on April 02, 2020, 13:52:39
Thanks everyone..They are taking her home today..She's on the mend!! Thank fuck for that!!

Great news mate

bluebrendan

Thanks everyone..They are taking her home today..She's on the mend!! Thank fuck for that!!

Excellent!

Hesperus

Great news! You must be very relieved.

Paddy

Lee. Hope it all goes well. Will say a prayer

Rowley Birkin QC

Sorry - coming late to this one. So glad to hear she's okay Lee.

Stephen Paul

PL season seems so irrelevant now with most fans not giving a toss what happens

seems a distant past already 

KunDB

Quote from: stephenmcfc on April 14, 2020, 09:26:14
PL season seems so irrelevant now with most fans not giving a toss what happens

seems a distant past already

Absolutely agree.

silvablue

City, if they were to make the final of the CL and FA Cup would have a minimum of 17 games to play. 10 PL, 4 CL and 3 FA Cup. The latter two competitions played as one-leg affairs is the presumption.

That would mean that if football returned June 1 and City were to play a game every third day, June 1, June 4, June 7 etc. it would take City until the 19th July to complete all their fixtures.

That would be an exhausting schedule and present a high risk of injuries to the players and next season would have to commence late to allow a proper transfer window and pre-season training.

Let's face it that is just unrealistic and would not bring about fair results, as many other teams would have much more time and rest between games.

Liverpool would probably win their two games to secure the PL title and then rest their key players Salah, Firminho, Mane, Virgil (all due to niggling injuries, of course), or more true to form they could field their under 18 team for their remaining fixtures.

Same possibly for other teams once they are safe from relegation, or cannot reach a European place. Just rest key players for next season, why not.

Not much of a fair finish to the league.

In reality a sham, not the 'Festival of football' branding they are pushing, to ensure clubs don't have to repay the TV money they have already spent.

League should be voided asap, stop buggering around.

Neil Mcnab

I agree with Silvablue an exhausting schedule. They will have had the longest break most players will ever have outside of injury and retirement. May have to put up with this season and next season being seamless. No pre season training then. They will need to bin off some of the international friendlies that normally go on during the season and they have a mini break in the winter already. That should do it. Football lives off television money and all clubs will need to provide a spectacle to get the cash rolling in. I think they will adjust the transfer window/s, that is the other cash cow for most clubs.

gavin

We have a strong enough squad to win games and rest a good number of players in the league. Pep doesn't like to prioritise but he would have to.

Stephen Paul

quite alot of players contracts up end of June , so another headache

Some teams already saying they will have to play weakened teams

Its going to be a huge cock up but they will have to keep the Scousers happy at all costs to satisfy all the Asian fans who pay millions to watch

I generally believe if City had been 25 odd points ahead at this stage the league would have been voided   

Gareth

I'm becoming resigned to the idea that I won't see David Silva play in a sky blue shirt again...

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Gareth on April 18, 2020, 09:55:18
I'm becoming resigned to the idea that I won't see David Silva play in a sky blue shirt again...
big problem Gareth , but I hope something is sorted . This guy is up there with Bell

Neil Mcnab

I am hoping we will have a load of games fairly soon, Merlin being at the forefront. Whatever happens with the chumps league, he will want to be involved, he has won most of the other prizes available.

Stephen Paul

not so sure now if the season will complete

lee

Mum passed away this morning at 8.30 from c19

She loved City.Signed me up to the Jr Blues when i was 10.
Seen us win the lot over the past 10 years...

Heartbroken

KunDB

So sorry to hear this sad news.

silvablue

Quote from: lee on April 26, 2020, 13:43:28

Heartbroken

RIP - Our thoughts and prayers are with you and for your Mum.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Awful news Lee mate. Make sure you take good care of yourself mate.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on April 26, 2020, 13:43:28

Heartbroken

So sorry to here this Lee
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family circle
RIP