News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

PL Season could be lost

Started by Stephen Paul, March 29, 2020, 05:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

now club doctors are saying its not a good idea to continue

Neville saying the FA are a farce

Its worse than fuckin Brexit

KunDB

The desire to play on at any cost to avoid a financial hit is embarrassing; no matter how they dress it up in noble causes like lifting the nations spirits.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Talk of doing it in Oz aswell now with shorter match lengths. Nobody is arsed anymore. Just give the dippers the cup and move one.

Hesperus

I just find it all quite crass at the moment to be even discussing it. It’s all about the money in an area that’s already awash with it.

Stephen Paul

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52542756

Getting embarrassing now

Whats next

cones for goal posts 
last man in goals 

Neil Mcnab

Gordon Taylor says, it must be right then.

KunDB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52601471

Bundesliga: Dynamo Dresden's entire squad in isolation just a week before restart

Germany's R rate now up to 1.1. Another awful sign.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/brighton-player-coronavirus-test-positive-latest-a9507191.html
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52605961

Coronavirus: Third Brighton player tests positive

Restarting the PL thinking I assume being: But hey guys, we the PL need the money to stay the richest league in the world, to keep ourselves rolling in riches. We can afford a few or more deaths just to maintain that and avoid having to pay TV money back.

Players and their families should be top of the agenda and any sensible person would see it just does not make any sense restarting this PL season (other than financial is the primary and overriding factor in all decisions).

gavin

Who are these sensible people? And why are they not in charge of something, anything, PLEASE!

KunDB

On a micro level examining a PL restart.

What’s the chance of clubs and players adhering to, or God forbid breaching, the agreed Health and Safety rules to protect players. layers families and others from this deadly virus, um as an (close to home) example let’s say Kyle Walker. Is Sergio and Merlin and KdB, Pep and Co. happy to trust old Kyle not to break the rules and endanger teir family members and their selves.

Are players going to be required to sacrifice their family lives (isolate themselves from their families and spouses {like Clerical celibacy]) for nearly 2 months for the greater good of football finances?

The PL is full of Kyle Walker types.

Hesperus

What I don’t understand is the UK government says it’s not ok for the public to play football together unless it’s with members of their own household but PL footballers are ok to do it? What’s the difference?

I Suppose all the footballers could move in together? Sterling and Gomez could share a room.

Rowley Birkin QC

What a total farce.  Similar stuff going on here as they desperately try to get Rugby League (facing financial ruin) and Australian Rules Football (facing a big financial hit) going in some sort of Big Brother style isolation 'Hubs' . Players already breaking the rules (Kyle Walker style, with unregistered motor bikes and unregistered guns...) and closed State borders complicating things for Queensland and Western Australian teams. Will only take a few infections and the whole thing will come to a grinding halt.

(Lee - I am so sorry to read your sad news. Like Paddy, I've been off the forum for a few days. My condolences to you and all your family. Take care, and the best to you) 

Stephen Paul

Boris isn't helping with his comical speeches

Go out, stay in, go out , stay in , control the virus

for fucks sake man grow a set of balls

Lekos

Quote from: lee on April 26, 2020, 13:43:28
Mum passed away this morning at 8.30 from c19

She loved City.Signed me up to the Jr Blues when i was 10.
Seen us win the lot over the past 10 years...

Heartbroken

Ahh shit man. Really sorry to hear that fella.  :(

gavin

The lads are back in training. Looks like football could be back in a few weeks now. I still have very mixed feelings about it. It is going to be very weird.

KunDB

Same here, though I think it is outrageous and still not convinced it will go smoothly (Hudson-Odoi, Walker and other idiots will endanger team mates and their famiy members).

Looking forward to return of this brilliant City team, and in particular the return leg against Real Madrid I the CL, hopefully taking place at some point. Will be good to see Merlin on the pitch perhaps for the final time.

Though, it will be weird with no fans atmosphere at the ground.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: KunDB on May 18, 2020, 21:42:50
Though, it will be weird with no fans atmosphere at the ground.

The rags will have an advantage with this as they have had neither for years now :D

Neil Mcnab

The Bundesliga has been a success so far and barring any big failure shows it is doable. Expect it all to kick off soon. Why not, primary schools are back for some in June. The teachers will run themselves ragged for the first few days social distancing and then realise it cant be done.

Stephen Paul

the decision is made , its just a matter of when

It will be farcical no matter what the outcome

lee

Burney and Watford players/staff tested positive.

Troy Deeney nailed it for me who is not turning up for training

"I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and go and jump for a header "

KunDB

No WSL finish, going to be voided! FA Cup might not be finished as little time available for the remaining quarter, semi and final games to be scheduled and CL may not be played out now due to quarantine rules or may be played out in one country.

Strange how the PL has total ascendency. If I was City I would say ALL or NONE.