News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

8 Years Since THAT Goal

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, May 13, 2020, 17:08:14

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

8 years!! Seems like yonks and yonks ago!

Where are they now? Manchester City's 2012 title winning team 💙 via @Onefootball. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/zT6H7Zjts6

Hesperus

Still gives me goosebumps when I watch it. Never felt anything like it when it went in. I ended up about 5 rows down in the East stand. Couldn’t get pissed that night I was so full of adrenaline.

Lekos

Pretty positive I'll never experience any sporting event with emotion like that at a sporting event ever again...ever. That was the last year I had my season ticket n'all.

gavin

It actually surprises me a bit that it is only eight years ago. A lot of water under the bridge since then. Two managers, three further titles and numerous other cups. What an incredible era it has been. But that will always be the moment of the era or any era.

KunDB

Lets get a petition for a 'National Aguerooooo Bank Holiday' started.  :D

Gareth

But I can also remember the profound gloom that preceded the elation. Since I had already accepted the worst, what then happened somehow didn't seem real; at least, that's my memory.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Gareth on May 14, 2020, 07:44:19
But I can also remember the profound gloom that preceded the elation. Since I had already accepted the worst, what then happened somehow didn't seem real; at least, that's my memory.

Like Gareth, I had some (brief) mixed emotions.

With all due respect to QPR, that last game should have been a formality for a City team with so much talent, and considering what was at stake. I was utterly despondent as the game played out. I could not believe that after all the hard work of the season to get us into a position to win the thing (AND not to mention all the roller coaster crap they had put us through for the proceeding 30 years) that we were still going to be Typical City - and blow it at the last hurdle.

When Aguero smashed it home - for a few seconds it seemed ridiculous - like Gareth said, almost unreal. I can remember slumping to the floor in a heap, off my Australian sofa (in the wee small hours of the morning) and thinking "You fucking bastards! How dare you put us through that shit - again!"  It was only when everyone piled on top of Aguero that I thought "My God - were Champions!" And I think I burst into tears! (Soft bastard)

Stephen Paul

bought the wrong ticket, ended up in the QPR end , got battered by a fat bastard while waiting for a pint , but to be fair most of the away fans were decent and a great view of the match

the Captain on the Easyjet flight to Belfast gave all the City fans free drink and Blue Moon rang out the whole flight

What a fucking day that was 

Lekos

Quote from: Gareth on May 14, 2020, 07:44:19

Definitely this. A true roller coaster of emotions that game.

gavin

Watching City has always been a rollercoaster and thats why it has been great. The worst years for me were in lower mid table in the Prem. You're better off going up and down the divisions than suffering perpetual mediocrity. But better still to eventually be fighting for, and winning trophies after years of up and downs.