News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Glynn Pardoe

Started by lee, May 26, 2020, 10:35:29

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Gareth

That's really sad news. R.I.P.

bluebrendan

Very sad news, a proper City legend.

Glyn was the youngest first team player for City at 15 years 314 days, a record unlikely to be broken any time soon. As well as being a key defender in the Mercer/Allison team he scored the winner at Wembley in the 1970 League Cup final. His playing career was effectively ended by that horrific broken leg he suffered from a Best "tackle" at the swamp. Glyn also did a lot of youth coaching with City after he finished playing, a true one-club man.

RIP

KunDB

Very sorry to hear of this death, a City Legend.

KunDB

Stephen Paul

one of my all time favourite players

So so sad  :'(

RIP Glyn

Thank you for the Memories

Neil Mcnab

RIP

Didnt realise his grandson is Tommy Doyle, with Tommys other grandfather being Mike Doyle. Good genes for the lad, why isnt he a defender though?

gavin

Best to a great blue family.

Paddy

Glynn "In my prayers". You were a fantastic player

Rowley Birkin QC

Glynn was a great player. Versatile too, from what I remember of him in admittedly hazy childhood memories, but an impression confirmed when he catches my eye in old Youtube clips. One of the great stalwarts of the cup during the Mercer / Allison era - somewhat overshadowed by the 'Holy Trinity' - but a key component of our success back then.

Devoted his entire professional life to City. RIP