News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Southgate has a pop at Foden

Started by Stephen Paul, June 14, 2020, 06:02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

more game time at City or no England future

Foden is undoubtedly the best you talent around but now 20 years old he should be at least on the bench for England

It must be in his mind but what will Pep do

gavin

If he farted on the bench at the sty or anfield he'd be starting for England already. Some things never change.

Gareth

It's Pep that Southgate is really having a go at, isn't it? I'll admit that he's entitled to do that, but I doubt it worries Pep very much what Southgate thinks or says or does. Pep is working for City; surely everyone, including Southgate and Foden, knows by now that he'll select Foden when he thinks it's in the City team's best interests to do so, same as for every other member of the squad. I think that who Southgate picks for England is probably pretty far down the list of things keeping Pep awake at night.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Gareth on June 15, 2020, 12:45:19
It's Pep that Southgate is really having a go at, isn't it? I'll admit that he's entitled to do that, but I doubt it worries Pep very much what Southgate thinks or says or does. Pep is working for City; surely everyone, including Southgate and Foden, knows by now that he'll select Foden when he thinks it's in the City team's best interests to do so, same as for every other member of the squad. I think that who Southgate picks for England is probably pretty far down the list of things keeping Pep awake at night.

Wasn't Lingard spending most of the time on the bench but still getting picked by Siuthgate? Hypocritical twot if so.

KunDB

It’s the old established club order at work. Get Southgate to not select Foden and make a big issue about it. Intention being to unsettle him so that he will seek a transfer so the other established top clubs can buy him, a great talent, relatively cheaply.

Thankfully, Foden has blue blood running through him, unlike Sancho (who had every right to seek a move).

Paddy

I was born in Salford and raised in Stockport, very proud of the young player, def going places...