News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Champions 1968

Started by gavin, June 06, 2020, 22:14:28

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

This video from youtube is a real cracker. I've never seen much video of Joe Mercer talking before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x6ThHQ4hd8

Stephen Paul

great video

we should have been able to build on that era but unfortunately things started going slowly downhill   

Rowley Birkin QC

Thanks Gav. I really enjoyed watching that. Brought back some memories.

bluebrendan

Nice vid, especially the interview with Joe Mercer, but by my reckoning there was only one goal from the 67/68 season in that vid, Tony Coleman's goal in the 4-1 win over Spurs, the "Ballet on Ice".

KunDB

That period cemented my love of City. Summerbee, Bell and Lee. Tony Book and all. Mercer and Allison.  What a team, a dream team.

Paddy

Stood in the shed and watched City put 3 passed Chelsea who managed to score once. City were great that season

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: bluebrendan on June 07, 2020, 12:52:55
Nice vid, especially the interview with Joe Mercer, but by my reckoning there was only one goal from the 67/68 season in that vid, Tony Coleman's goal in the 4-1 win over Spurs, the "Ballet on Ice".

Not many of City's games filmed or broadcast that season.   TV were so convinced City wouldn't win the League on the last day of 67/68 season they didn't send any cameras to Newcastle.