News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

For those who remember Billy Owen

Started by bluebrendan, June 15, 2020, 18:38:14

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebrendan

Billy Owen from Shropshire - I can't recall his user name - used to post on here and a couple of earlier sites like quite a few on here.

He's having a bad time with cataracts and is effectively blind and the long NHS waiting lists mean he's trying to raise money to get the op done privately.

The link to his f/book post is :

https://www.facebook.com/billy.owen.3/posts/3238698812817625?notif_id=1592235429245368&notif_t=nf_share_story

goat

Gav, Brenda had become a spam scam poster, ban the old sod

Fucking hell, he's a name from the distant past

gavin

Billy is one of the nicest blokes to post on here over the years, I hope he's better soon. I have donated, thanks for posting Brendan.

bluebrendan

An update on Billy's situation from his son.

You'll all be thrilled to know Dad was finally seen at the private eye clinic today and although the procedure may be a bit more complex because of the thickness of the cataracts, the surgeon is optimistic he can restore his sight and providing there aren't any covid related delays the surgery will take place in the next 2 or 3 weeks! Dad is ecstatic and we just wanted to keep you all updated as we're more grateful than you'll ever know for the contributions on the gofundme page!

gavin

gavin