News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions for the Victims at home . Thursday 8.15pm PL

Started by Stephen Paul, June 29, 2020, 04:53:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

although we have a couple of important cup competitions to concentrate on , this fixture is one we will want to win.

Guard of honour in front of an empty Etihad for the dippers

what will Pep be thinking about this fixture ?

Paddy Pig Betting

City 11/10
Draw 11/4
Dippers 9/4

Both Teams to score
Yes 8/15
No 11/8

First Goal
Jesus 5/1
Sterling 5/1
Sane 11/2
Mahrez 13/2
KDB 15/2
Foden 15/2
B Silva 8/1

goat

cant watch that, the commentary will be brutal. ghost of cilla, cast of brookside and souness

KunDB

2 1 City Win

I hope they ramble on about the Liverpool fans disgraceful behaviour in celebrating en-masse in breach of the law and in a City so hard hit by coronavirus as a result of the CL game being played. But no doubt they will breeze over that appalling deadly behaviour with an 'understandable after 30 years' glib comment and then ramble on about City being inferior having spent trillions, inflating player transfer fees and having committed multiple breaches of FFP rules flagrantly.

I will add this as I have just read it in the Guardian after posting the above comments, it was in a story on whether Leicester matches may be cancelled or rescheduled away from their home ground and quoted comments from the PL Chief Executive Richard Masters:

"Masters was also asked about the mass gatherings that followed Liverpool’s Premier League title win, in particular one which involved fireworks being aimed at the Liver Building in the city centre.

Questioned as to whether the Premier League took any responsibility for what unfolded, he said: “What happened was regrettable but we are not in control of people’s actions. It got out of hand in the same way that we have seen gatherings on beaches and street parties in wider society. Individuals have to take responsibility for their own actions.”

He praised Liverpool as a club for the ‘stay home’ messaging they had issued to their supporters."

And there is me thinking that I had seen media reports of the Liverpool team celebrating together their winning the Premier League, I must be wrong as that would be anything but an awful message to send to their fans (the fans who gathered en-masse the next night to celebrate Liverpool winning the PL).

gavin

Individuals have to take responsibility for their own actions, that much is true. But also true is that the individuals that make up the group that are Liverpool fans have been responsible for far too many of football's darkest moments. There are plenty of idiots in every group of supporters but the abundance and level of idiocy in Liverpool's fans is completely unrivaled. They really are a special club.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: goat on June 30, 2020, 09:30:56
cant watch that, the commentary will be brutal. ghost of cilla, cast of brookside and souness

it will be like a room full of Gypsies

Neil Mcnab

I cannot make us favourites, like the bookies. 1-3 to the dippers, sorry. They are scared of Sane, if he plays a part and is match fit, maybe.

gavin