News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

We need a striker

Started by Paddy, June 30, 2020, 16:37:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

With Kun laid up we haven't any strikers, plenty of attacking midfielders: KDB, Sterling, Marez, Silver (x2), Foden and Jesus (Who is def not a striker)...

gavin

Jesus can and will do the biz but if he gets injured then we're struggling. We can use the false nine on occasion but I don't think it is something that we'd want to do for a sustained period.

KunDB

Surely we should be prepping academy players for the first team in the cups. Strikers especially. Sadly we seem to have too big a gap from academy to first eleven.

Paddy

Sorry guys, i disagree, Sterling and Marez r better in the striker role...Even KDB.....

Hesperus

I wouldn’t be surprised if we try and cash in on kun this summer especially with his injury and age.

goat

bought a striker yesterday

The Blue Blooded Maniac

We've been linked with Kane on and off for the last few seasons.

lee

Quote from: goat on July 01, 2020, 12:30:43
bought a striker yesterday

looks like a young sergio

goat

Weird deal, signed from juve for 10 Mill and flogged them a lad for 10

Neil Mcnab

Aguero contract ends 2021, so yes, we might look to move him on. The club seem respectful to players who have done their all for us and guess its all down to his wishes. If he wants to "honour" his contract and walk away on a free next year, so be it.
Harry Kane, great player. Very costly, dodgy ankles, is he a player Guardiola is considering?
Jesus would walk into most teams and deserves a run.
Two defenders and a winger this year, striker next year if Kun stays till then. Any striker bought in the upcoming window will be third choice. No player good enough for us will be happy to sit on the bench for nearly all the season.

Paddy

Kun is starting to pick up more injuries of late. Such is the stress on legs in that role, hard to remain fit and it is starting to show. Great player, i remember someone on here suggesting that we went for him about 12 years ago and they were shot down; No names, no pack drill....
Fantastic in all aspects...

Paddy

If i remember rightly, "Toffees for us" was adamant that we would sign David Villa, because he had inside information. I was here then albeit under a different moniker...

Swiss

I forgot about that blowhard toffees for us.  Billed himself as a man in the know!

Reports are we're offering serge a new deal.

New 18 Yr old sttiker, Pablo Moreno will be loaned to Girona next season