News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

At home to Liverpool

Started by gavin, July 02, 2020, 19:19:23

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Garcia, Laporte, Mendy, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne (C), Foden, Jesus, Sterling.

Subs | Bravo, Stones, Zinchenko, Bernardo, D.Silva, Mahrez, Cancelo, Otamendi, Doyle.

Foden and Garcia start! The future is coming.

KunDB

So good to see. This is a great game to give them both a start.

I think Pep is lining them both up for the CL games in August.

Hesperus

Rodri and Gundogan in midfield 👎🏻 

Come on City!

Paddy

Foden ready to take David's place

gavin

Still scintillating going forward but still dodgy at the back too. A goal and an assist for Foden, great stuff. Sterling had a quiet start but also a part in two goals. KDB involved in two too. I hope Pep is working on defending the ball over the top but other than that same again second half please.

KunDB

Great response from City players.

Hesperus

Good to see us be clinical in front of goal for a change. Glad we tonked them.

gavin

Wish we'd gone for the throat a bit more but can't complain at 4-0. Foden was MoTM for me even though KDB had a great game as usual too. Still need to sort the defence and schoolboy errors at times passing out. But its always a good night beating the scousers, especially 4-0.

KunDB

Foden and Garcia are shining bright. Looking good for our future and theirs.

Paddy

Why has nobody mentioned Edison, he had an astounding game, kept us in the game. My MOM...

KunDB

Yes, as usual Edison played a cracker Paddy.

Stephen Paul

Foden and KDB took the piss out of Liverpool last night

Exciting stuff

bluebrendan

Well it was some consolation for losing the title to the scousers but as has been said there are still defensive issues to be sorted, that very high line looks like a gift to a team with pacy forwards, luckily neither Mane or Salah punished us.

Foden, Kev and Sterling were excellent and Garcia settled nicely into the game, Mendy put a few good crosses in but Jesus looked off the pace and wasn't really anticipating them.

Neil Mcnab

A great result. Sterling was worryingly AWOL at the start when it was Liverpool who looked the better team. If the Salah post effort had gone in, probably have lost. The dippers had no luck, we had plenty.
Foden is really blooming, Garcia also looks very promising.
Still baffled how a player like Gundogan gets a start and Bernardo is on the bench.

Paddy

I think Gundogen is a rock most of the time just like Nigel was...