News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at home to Bournemouth

Started by gavin, July 15, 2020, 17:03:58

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Mendy, Fernandinho, Gundogan, D Silva (C), Foden, Bernardo, G Jesus.

SUBS | Carson, Sterling, Zinchenko, Laporte, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Garcia, Doyle.

Come on City

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

gavin

Interesting first half. We were perhaps fortunate to still be winning but now it should be 3-0 not our usual 2-0 half time score. That was a clear penalty on the replay and VAR is hopeless if it can't give that. Lovely half from Dave again. We should have another go at getting him to stay another season. A lovely free kick and assist. A fantastic goal from Jesus. That should really boost his confidence.

Swiss

I said Jesus looked more like a midfielder, but his goal was class footwork and a well taken finish

gavin

so var can rule out penalties but not give them.

gavin

Not a good performance really. Good win all the same. Incredible work has to be done on that defence in the short time between the two seasons. It is clear why that is probably the reserve choice at centre half these days.

KunDB

Defence woeful. I fear for our CL challenge. Can’t win ought with a defence as flappy as that.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on July 15, 2020, 20:02:46
Not a good performance really. Good win all the same. Incredible work has to be done on that defence in the short time between the two seasons. It is clear why that is probably the reserve choice at centre half these days.

Aye, terrible performance really.  I think mainly steming from a poor foundation in defence.

A couple of good efforts from some players though.

Silva, Emerson, foden (won the ball back leading to Jesus goal) jesus.