News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

John Stones

Started by Stephen Paul, July 06, 2020, 16:19:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

wonder will he get a run out against his new club 

gavin

He was injured at the start of the return but surely by now he is fit and it is a sign that he is on his way that his arse is still on the bench. Garcia hasn't been our problem and he is the future so I'd stick with him and Laporte for now. Be good to have a solid partnership for the big games coming up.

KunDB

I think that is Peps plan - build a partnership between Garcia and Laporte for the CL games. We desperately need one.

lee

I agree with you both.Laporte and Garcia have not done much wrong in our defeats.It's been them 2 balloons at left back

goat

can we just stop signing players from everton?

gavin

Are you forgetting DisaPointon? Only joking, Lescott turned out to be a decent enough signing. He was part of our first trophy wins.

goat

Last one I was happy with was Dunnie but back then we would take any fucker

Stephen Paul

Quote from: goat on July 07, 2020, 22:52:46
Last one I was happy with was Dunnie but back then we would take any fucker
when he was sober

gavin

Lets not forget that John Stones has work a couple of titles with us as well.

goat

other than him hoofing the ball against liverpool its hard to claim he did a lot to help win these titles. dont forget foden has a title after coming on for a few minutes at the end of the season

gavin

24 appearances (4 as sub) in the Prem last season. So he started over half the league games. More than a bit part player.

Swiss

I think peps trying to keep laporte wrapped in cotton wool as much as possible to save him for real.

Garcia is good, but probably should be our no.3 CB at this stage in his career.

Neil Mcnab

Starts against Newcastle, in the shop window.

Paddy

I think Garcia is well ready for a place in the first team, as a few others, if not why do we an academy ???...

Swiss

Laporte
???
Garcia
???

Is what I'm expecting next season.

Need to find buyers for otamendi and stones.

1 established CB and prob another young cb, unless Harwood-bellis steps up?