News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

replacement for Aguero

Started by Stephen Paul, July 07, 2020, 13:31:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

a lot of talk going on today about Jesus not going to be able to fill Agueros boots when he retires 

If not who is 

Halland ?
Aubameyang ?
Koulbaly ( Napoli)
Skriniar   ( Inter)

goat

we are fucked if you are lining up two centre backs to replace him stevie

lee

Quote from: goat on July 07, 2020, 13:37:52

iron in the microwave

Stephen Paul

Quote from: goat on July 07, 2020, 13:37:52
;D ;D

goat

gavin

We should have signed Haaland before he moved last.

KunDB

My worry is Pep just doesn't value out and out quality strikers as much as we do, given his love affair with midfielders. I think that is part of our current problems, dominating possession but not scoring as often as we should/could. Our midfielders are magical at their jobs but hit and miss at scoring.

I would love an all out striker like Kun is, as Kun is coming towards the end of his career, Stering is very good but not prolific and a reliable and consistent scorer, Jesus is all action and a poacher but still not consistent enough and not quite the class of an Aguero.

I think we should be looking for a proven PL striker if possible, rather than an upcoming striker (that's Jesus).

goat

proven premier league striker doesnt mean a lot, bony scored a load before joining

gavin

It is difficult when Sergio has another year left on his contract. Potential recruits might look at it and consider that they are likely to spend most of that year on the bench.

Swiss

santa Cruz banged in a load n'all.

I thunk Jesus's best role is as an all action central midfielder. His finishing isn't good enough for a world class striker, which we should be aiming for.

Neil Mcnab

Pep could be gone next year as well, new manager would guess be more happy to bring in the striker who suits their style of play.

lee

kane from spuds..he'll never win owt there

Swiss

I'm just having this convo with my spurs mate.

Do you think he'd suit our style of play?

KunDB

Kane is by nature a bit lazy, a bit “it’s all about me” which is good and bad. I think Pep would soon mould him to his way of thinking.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on July 08, 2020, 22:12:23

fair bit of noise about aguero not being a pep player, he did ok

Swiss

gavin

When he is on form he looks fantastic. But he is often injured. Also, it niggles me that it seems that Tottenham made their best progress towards actually winning trophies when he was injured and fucked it up when he came straight back into the team.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

goat

Both Madrid teams spunked shedloads on young strikers and I don't think either did owt.  Polish lad at bayern could be good for a few years and he definitely knows the offside rule unlike Jesus

lee

Quote from: Swiss on July 08, 2020, 22:12:23
I'm just having this convo with my spurs mate.

I reckon we would score more.The amount of chances squandered this season.Another season of Jesus and we wont win feck all with Sergio injured most of the time.

Not slating the lad.I like the way he grafts and hope he can do the biz in the chumps