News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Summer transfers challenge

Started by Swiss, July 19, 2020, 14:41:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Summer transfers

So, reportedly we've got a warchest of ~£150m to spend. But we need to replace many players! I'm going to assume this is in addition to whatever money we can raise for player sales.

I'm using the values form transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/schnellsuche/ergebnis/schnellsuche?query=ferran+torres+

Done deals.
Sane. Sold for £44m (initial fee).
Yan couto. RB. (18) bought for £6m
Angelina maybe kept, but has a £25m buy-on clause to leipzig.
Bravo is leaving on a free.

Sell
1 x CB, John Stones (£32m)
1 x CB, Nicole Otamensi (£13m)
1 x LB, Alex Zinchenko (£21m)
1 x RB, Cancelo (£32m)
1 x AMid, Leroy Sane (£44m)
1 x LB, Angelino (£25m)

Total £167m

Buy
1 x GK
1 x cb K. Koulibaly (£56m)
1 x cb Pau Torres (£30m)
1 x lb D. Alaba (£65m)
1 x rb Yan Couto (£6m)
1 x am Ferran Torres (£45m)
1 x fwd. L. Martinez (£58m)

Total £246m

Net spend +£79m.

Squad.

GK
Ederson
Zack Steffen
D. Grimshaw
A. Muric

RB.
K. Walker
Yan Couto

CB
A. Laporte
K. Koulibaly
P. Torres
E. Garcia

LB.
D. Alaba
B. Mends

Def/pivot Mid
Fernandinho
Rodrigo
I. Gundogan
Claudio Gomes

CM
K. De Brunye
P. Foden
B. Silva

WF
R. Sterling
R. Mahrez
F. Torres

FWD
S. Aguero
G. Jesus
L. Martinez

KunDB

In this environment, Covid-19, I think we have difficulty selling players and certainly at the shown prices.

Stephen Paul

wonder would Pep agree if you should him that

Swiss

Quote from: KunDB on July 19, 2020, 16:34:48
In this environment, Covid-19, I think we have difficulty selling players and certainly at the shown prices.

I've only used transfermarkt prices just to standardise values, otherwise it just based on what I think.

I'm not sure Covid-19 will affect that much... having said that, it may be a buyers market if clubs are struggling for cash due to loss of earnings. But then, those clubs must be running close to the wire... FFP?

Swiss

Quote from: stephenmcfc on July 19, 2020, 16:53:36
wonder would Pep agree if you should him that

Maybe agree... but then what are the realities of bringing them in?

Kalibaly: Ian Wright reckons its a done deal, so probably won't happen. Hes 29 so got a good 3 to 4 seasons left.
Alaba I doubt as we've reportedly failed for a swap deal involving Sane. Similar age to Koulibaly, but attacking wingbacks don't tend to fair as well in age, so I can see us getting someone younger.
Pau Torres. Maybe, but then there are other young options too.
Yan Cuoto is a done deal. Brazilian, only 18. Peps reportedly told him he wants to look at him in pre-season with a view to keeping him for the first team. Young, new country, who knows! But could explain why he's tried to play Garcia  at RB.
Ferran Torres; reports we've agreed personal terms but not met the valuation of the club.
L. Martinez. Reports are he prefers Barcelona.

I do feel like our forward options should be scoring more with the amount of opportunities we create.

Neil Mcnab

Valencia Torres contract ends 2021, so he will be moving on. Alaba, same.
Koulibaly, very expensive, no spring chicken, never played in our league, no sell on value - sounds ideal. Have read he is a great player though.

Swiss

I'd be happy with Ake, at 25 meets the clubs ethos of buying players around the age of 26.

A strong presence, good in the air and likes a tackle.
Dutch so should be a decent passer.

£35 mil could be a steal...

Hesperus

I think he’d be an upgrade on Stones and Ota, but not exactly the colossus we needed at CB I was hoping for.  But underwhelming tbh.

lee

Ake is a scrapper.I quite like that and he's good with the ball at his feet and looks comfortable unlike Stones who looks like he's about to trip up.
I was hoping for a better upgrade though for Stones and Nico.Still i hope we get more than one in and snag the Naples lad just for a few seasons which will help with the development of Garcia and Ake(if that happens) and gives us a better chance to get back our crown next season.

KunDB

Ake can also play as a left back.

So I am guessing that anther Centre Back (Kalidou Koulibaly I am hoping) may well come in as well, we certainly need more competition for our defensive slots.

Laporte, Ake, Koulibaly and Garcia would provide decent CB competition.

Paddy

I would keep Cancelo, played well tonight, and i would keep Zinchenko, far superior to Mendy, the rest of the team good, even Stones. Otemdi to old, Fernadino and Silva past their sell by date. Walker, forgetful at times but still fast...

Swiss

On tonight's showing, Cancelo has to stay, but that depends on him being consistent.

I'm not convinced by Zinchenko yet. For an academy product who played attacking mid, I feel he can do a lot better with attacking contributions.

lee

get this thread moving again..

So we have made 2 signings..A defender and a winger..

Who next and who is out?

I would like to see a few more faces..Another CB and a striker seeing as Sergio is unfit for most of season and Jesus is hit and miss.

Hesperus

silvablue

Quote from: Hesperus on August 20, 2020, 20:12:14
CB, LB and a Striker please.

Exactly what we need and we need the best of the best available in these positions. Despite his game against Barcelona Koulibaly would be a good first of the three. Martinez would be nice too.

Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko ( :( ) Angelino & Garcia all gone I reckon.

Rowley Birkin QC

You can put me in the "CB, LB and a Striker" club as well.

Real quality needed.

Swiss

I hope we don't sign that Diego Carlos from Sevilla. Always seems to be involved in giving away a penalty

Swiss

watched most of the Sevilla v Inter Milan  ;D match tonight. Thought Matinez was largely unnoticeable, but then so was the majority of inter. Except Lukaku who made the headlines for all the wrong reasons

Kilkenny Blue

Joao Felix would be a great signing.