News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Summer transfers challenge

Started by Swiss, July 19, 2020, 14:41:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on August 21, 2020, 22:26:24
watched most of the Sevilla v Inter Milan  ;D match tonight. Thought Matinez was largely unnoticeable, but then so was the majority of inter. Except Lukaku who made the headlines for all the wrong reasons

I’ve been trying to watch a bit of Martinez since we’ve been linked with him. Really not sure, looks ok, but not a patch on Aguero, and not worth the money banded out, looks very similar to Jesus, only not quite as good!  We could really do with a different type of striker to give us some variety up front, someone bigger, more physical with real pace. Although for sure there this a derth of that type of striker around at the moment.

I still can’t understand why our academy, given all the investment over the years, hasn’t tried to target home grown strikers of this ilk. Even if they don’t make the grade in our first team, they make the most money for resale.

Swiss

I know he's only 20, but if he's a main striker, 35 matches and 9 goals isn't the best return.

Is he more attacking mid than striker?

lee

Kane wont win feck all with Spurs..Surely he knows that.I would have him at City as a different option.I honestly cant see Kun staying fit for a season and Jesus for all his graft and running is not lethal enough.

Hesperus

I’m coming around to Kane but it’ll never happen with Levy at Spuds.

You’re totally right about Aguero and Jesus.

I don’t think Aguero has ever had a full season since he’s signed? If he ever had a full season with us he’d have won the golden boot for sure.

KunDB

Paddy

No disrespect Swiss, but where do you find the time to dig up all these stats ?...

Swiss

KunDB

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Paddy on August 28, 2020, 01:58:19
No disrespect Swiss, but where do you find the time to dig up all these stats ?...

He just feeds it into his flux capacitor  :D

Hesperus

Only a couple of weeks to the start of the season. Two good squad players signed, not many outgoings and still some priority positions not strengthened. Come on Tixi, get some deals done!

Swiss

Harder to sell underperforming players.

I can't blame stones and other for not wanting to go to a club not in Europe comps

Hesperus

Erling Harland. Some striker this lad is, id blow all our Messi budget on this player. Pace, power, physicality and a great finisher.

It would be a gamble given his age and cost but sometimes you have to go all in.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Hesperus on September 08, 2020, 09:45:24
Erling Harland. Some striker this lad is, id blow all our Messi budget on this player. Pace, power, physicality and a great finisher.

It would be a gamble given his age and cost but sometimes you have to go all in.

Totally agree , the lad looks decent in front of goal

gavin

All seems to have gone a bit quiet for the moment. Defensive reinforcements still urgently required too!

Swiss

Yep, too quiet.

Be nice to get something done and move some out.

Hesperus

I like Ake and Torres but Ake on his own isn’t going to be able to shore up our defence to the standard needed to compete in the CL and possibly even the PL.

How we’ve not been able to source a LB over the last 4 or 5 seasons has been a major failure in our transfer business.

Swiss

I'm surprised were not in for Reguilon, 30m doesn't sound expensive in this market.

goat

apparently bale and that lad off to spurs

Hesperus

Apparently Real are insisting on a buy back clause for Reguilon. Looks like that is putting potential suitors off. He’d be idea though.

lee

Gone a bit quiet.Wonder if Pep is happy with his lot?