News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

CB options

Started by Swiss, August 06, 2020, 17:25:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

so with the rumoured departures of Stones and Otamendi paired with Garcia funking off... that leaves us with 2 recognised CB's.

Laporte and Ake.

There have been 4 main names banded.
Koulibaly, Skriniar, Carlos, Torres.

As you've guessed, I've started the mother flip out of the 4.

Summary of my total scoring system.
1st. Pau Torres with a score of 71.
Strengths.
Youngest, commits least fouls, (joint)best at offside trap, gets beaten the fewest times, (joint) best at blocks per game, (joint) highest scorer. Best at assists, least yellows, joints least reds.
Weaknesses.
Worst at Interceptions.
2nd . Diego Carlos with a score of 69.
Strengths
Most Appearances, joint best at offside trap, most clearances per game, joint most blocks, joint highest scorer, joint least reds. Most aerial duels win, .out more awards.
Weaknesses
Smallest, lowest pass completion.
3rd. Kalidou Koulibaly, score 56.
Strengths
Tallest, most tackles per game, most Interceptions per game, highest average rating over season.
Weaknesses
Oldest, fewest appearances, most yellows, joint most reds,.
4th. Milan Skriniar, score 49.
Strengths
Highest pass completion.
Weakneses
Commits most Fouls per game, worst at offside trap, worst at clearances, worst at blocks, worst at aerial duels.

Best and worst compared to each other.
All 4 of them scored an own goal.

Hesperus

Interesting, not heard of the top two, but I’m sure Pep and Tixi have. Doubt we’ll get rid of Stones and Ota now that it’s clear Garcia is going to Barca. I’d imagine we’ll keep Stones given he’s home grown.  I hope we get Koulibaly but we certainly need another, but what about a left back?? I bloody hope we address that position, can’t have another season with Mendy and Zinchenko.

Swiss

Pau Torres is a 23 Yr old. Plays for Villareal. Was linked last year too. Tall, decent young defender. But not a lot of experience.

Diego Carlos is a new link this season. Got a bit of a rep as a 'hard man. But in reality he's no worse in discipline than the others.

Mendy with a full season behind him could get back to those first games he played for us when he looked a good player.

Also depends on Cancelo, but I'd like to see atleast one full back brought in

gavin

At the moment I'm just so fucked off with Garcia that I'm not thinking about replacements. He left Barca to come here, starts getting regular game time and fucks off again. Annoying.

Maybe Stones is worth another try but we deffo need another defender or two again now.

Swiss

Yeah, he's definitely been tapped up by them.

Is annoying, but what can we do other than get a good price.

£20 mil would be decent.

KunDB

That’s football Gavin but with the Barcelona transfer fee money we get we can invest in other talented players   

Sad we are losing him mind, a real star in the making.