News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

unbelievable

Started by Stephen Paul, July 23, 2020, 17:55:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

9 arrests outside anfield last night for disorder

the cunts cant even behave amongst themselves celebrating   

Swiss

They'll be getting all English clubs banned from Europe again...

KunDB

Over 3000 grown adults breaching public health advice endangering themselves and others including their families. In a place particularly badly hit by the Covid 19 pandemic. Selfish irresponsible idiots that deserve to suffer the effects of this terrible disease.

Stephen Paul

Henderson player of the year  :o

whats next

Sports Personality of the year
Team of the year
fans of the year
groundsman of the year
manager of the year
bus driver of the year
ball boy of the year   

fuck off 

jingoe

Any football fan worth their salt would say that KDB has been far more influential this season the JH

More Scouse sycophancy in evidence

Stephen Paul

read an article about Asian fans who pay millions to watch the PL

getting to the point , Liverpool have a massive fan base in Asia and the more they win things the more revenue the PL gets

gavin

Jordan Henderson v KDB is just no competition at all. If ever there were proof that Journalists are fucked in the head this is it. Won't be long till we see most footballers are too again though.

Rowley Birkin QC

There's also a fair bit of the usual "lets pump up a player because he's English" going on here.

Delusional UK football media still thinks English football is the best in the world, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary - at every international tournament since 1966. (With an honourable mention to the 1990 World Cup squad).

I love the way they are spontaneously redrafting the selection criteria in a desperate attempt to justify their ridiculous choice of Henderson. Apparently it's never been just about the football on the pitch, but also things like "leadership" that come into play. Well if that were the case, Vincent Kompany would have won it at least twice!

Wankers.

KunDB

Also heard the media justify his award it on grounds of work rate and graft, 'world class attributes too often undervalued, and off field influence'. ???

Hesperus

The media is so Liverpool and Utd dominated its all I expect really. As others have said, delusional and biased beyond belief.

Paddy

Best Liverpool player was a school teacher

Swiss

I'd be embarrassed if I was Henderson!

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: KunDB on July 25, 2020, 21:40:01
Also heard the media justify his award it on grounds of work rate and graft, 'world class attributes too often undervalued, and off field influence'. ???

Yes, "work rate and graft". Two expressions that you will find littered across the English football media landscape; in just about every article written describing the next rising star of English football who was going to lead us to World Cup glory - going all the way back to the 1970s. The unshakeable English belief that a team full of hard working, hard nosed, running machines, full of the John Bull spirit, will ultimately triumph over a team of skilful - but 'fragile' Johnny Foreigners. A delusion that seems to persist in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

For me the phrases "work rate and graft" represent everything that's been wrong with English football and English managers for most of my lifetime.

gavin

If there is a player that works harder than KDB then I will be very surprised. 100% effort every time. Runs forward and back. Real team player as well as being individually excellent.

Swiss

In venting my steam over Henderson getting player of the year (shouldn't really bother me)... I've done a Swiss stat attack (using the prem leagues stats).

Description. Position. His score. Best score. Best player
Goals.               65th           4                23               Vardy
Assists.             29th          5                 20             KDB
Crosses.           79th          58              382            Trent Alex-Arnold.
Passing.            24th          1,856        3,259           VVD
Throughballs.   26th          7                32               KDB
Appearances.   133rd        30             38               29 players
Shots.                 157th       20              132            Mo Salah
Shots OT            118th        8                59              Mo Salah
Touches              44th         2,200        3,664         Trent Alex-A
Interceptions      91st         30              84              Diego Rico
Blocks                 175th       4                 48              T Mings
Tackles                36th        63               129            A Wan Bissaka
Clearances         229th      18                200           J Tarkowski
Aerial duels won 179th     26               218            S. Haller
Aerial duels lost  125th     11                0                3 players
Fouls committed  376th      31             0                J Garner

Therefore, his average position utilising the stats above is...  118th.

Who scored rates him as the 33rd best player in the league this year with an average score of 7.15.   

Whoscored top 10 include in order.

Kevin De Beuyne 7.97
Ricardo Periera 7.5
Adama Traore 7.49
Riyad Mahrez 7.48
Sadio Mane 7.45
Mo Salah 7.4
Raheem Sterling 7.35
Marcus Rashford 7.35
James Maddison 7.34
Harry Kane 7.33

goat

kinnell tone, you statted the shit out of that

im not arsed and i doubt the players are too bothered by an award from the shitty journos we have here. see what happens with the players player award

Swiss

I shouldn't be arsed either, and if he'd been in the top 5, or even top 10 players I'd agree, but he's the Ringo of their team!

goat

pete best was more noticable

Swiss

As was pete doherty and he can't sing for shit!

goat

stick to your morrissey tone