News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Dave

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, July 25, 2020, 22:45:18

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Dam onions. He can definitely go another year at this level and I think we'd be daft not to offer it him

David Silva reflects on a career that exceeds ‘wildest dreams’ as Man City stay edges towards an end via @OneFootball. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/ijNbyLt1p8

Stephen Paul

think he was offered but has said he wants to retire

its a real pity , definitely another good season in him at the highest level 

Hesperus

It’s a reminder that all good things come to an end. My mum would have been sad today, her favourite City player by far.

Thanks for everything David. Amazing memories. Such a pity we can’t be there today to give you the send off you deserve.

Swiss

Bow out at the top:-)

He is going somewhere else I believe, but not a top league.

Hope he comes back as a coach or something.

KunDB

I will tell David about wildest dreams. I use to have them when I supported City through the sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties and early 2000's.

These were extreme ludicrous dreams, I dreamt we would someday have a player of the magical quality of Merlin playing for City in a team of world class players. He has been the cherry on top of the cake (which was my dreams).

gavin

He certainly looks well enough at the moment to go on another season but he knows himself. 10 years of fantastic service and not a single problem.

Paddy

Was hoping that he would have scored the 100th goal, would have been appropiate...

Swiss

To paraphrase the immortal words of Arnie, "He'll be back"

Rowley Birkin QC

What a marvellous player! Spellbinding to watch, even if it was several years before I got the chance to see him play live. How lucky we've been to have him. Better than Colin Bell in my humble opinion, and that's certainly saying something.

And, as Gavin said, a model pro. Never complained, no substitution tantrums, not a bad word about anyone (well... not until he writes his autobiography at least).

Thank you David. You did us very proud. Your name will be spoken in awed tones by City supporters who saw you play for many decades to come.

Kilkenny Blue

Will we ever see the likes of him again?  True gent, never a hint of controversy in the 10 years.  The type of player that would get into any team in world football.  It's been an honour to watch him in a City jersey over the past 10 years. Oh, and that pass to Dzeko in the 1-6 mauling of Utd is one of the best I've ever seen!  Chapeau!

Paddy

He refused a twelve months extension but def not retiring...

Paddy

Can't agree more Klikenny Blue

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Paddy on August 25, 2020, 01:32:42
He refused a twelve months extension but def not retiring...

He's joined Real Sociedad.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on August 25, 2020, 08:20:16
He's joined Real Sociedad.

Fkn snake  :D :D

Seriously though, best of luck to him. 

Stephen Paul

think he wanted to finish playing in Spain and settle with the family

top bloke

gavin

Yep, best of luck to him. He should have played in the Chumps quarter final but didn't though he has probably seen the writing on the wall long before this. I think he could have given us another couple of years but if he wants to play regular then he is probably better off elsewhere. We owe him a lot after 10 years fantastic service.

Stephen Paul