News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Total disregard for UEFA investigation

Started by gavin, July 28, 2020, 21:35:56

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Should have told them to fook right off too. I would have.

Swiss

They did, thats whats landed us the 10m fine

Stephen Paul

should have told them to fuck of twice then

KunDB

Reading the full report currently and City aren’t all shiny innocent and Tribunal found they were wrong not to cooperate with investigation.

However, and most importantly they found UEFA had insufficient evidence to reach a conclusion that City disguised equity (owner) funding as sponsorship funding.

Still a few events that raise even my eye brows like taking years to agree a sponsorship deal with major changes to the deal made in that time and sponsorship money paid to City via ADUG.

Hesperus

The CAS report actually doesn’t paint us in a great light, which is surprising given the main allegations were unproven. We’re getting flak in the press this morning. BBC in particular have stuck the knife in with their headline.

I don’t know what to think about this really, we’ve won a major court case and still come out of it worse than UEFA? I’m amazed there is so much hatred of us from the press in our own country. With the exception of Martin Samuel, literally no one else sticks up for us. We get pelters from senior people in the Spanish and Germany leagues, 9 of our own PL clubs ganged up on us, and our own UK press hate us. W.e’re either doing something very wrong or very right. Either way, I’m finding it all very distasteful and off putting.... but maybe that’s what they want?

bluebrendan

Quote from: KunDB on July 29, 2020, 09:13:41
Reading the full report currently and City aren’t all shiny innocent and Tribunal found they were wrong not to cooperate with investigation.

However, and most importantly they found UEFA had insufficient evidence to reach a conclusion that City disguised equity (owner) funding as sponsorship funding.

Still a few events that raise even my eye brows like taking years to agree a sponsorship deal with major changes to the deal made in that time and sponsorship money paid to City via ADUG.

There are 12 occasions in the CAS report where they state "no evidence" was found to support the disguised funding charge. I thought we came out of it quite well, the non-cooperation charge was always going to stick as CAS had to consider the wider view and couldn't be seen to condone non-cooperation with a sports governing body even if it was understandable in this case.

gavin

Make no mistake this was an enormous victory for City. The press love to paint a negative angle on us. They paint UEFA as a respectable organisation which says it all really. UEFA is a joke. You only have to look at their pathetic, embarrassing actions on racism. Those were actually at the very beginning of City fan hatred for UEFA not FFP. Take away FFP and I still have nothing but contempt for them. What sort of true 'sporting' organisation would take away seats from season ticket holders to give to corporates on a jolly? Or keep them empty to accommodate photographers, who for some bizarre reason can't go in the dugouts like they do for Prem games. Its not that long since beer was banned at games with massive Heineken banners all round. If they are neutral then why do they have former executives of the biggest clubs as some of their most senior figures? UEFA operate at the behest of those clubs, It is a bent, corrupt, hypocritical organisation with no care for fans at all.

City showed them too much respect if anything. They deserve nothing but total contempt.

gavin

Forgot to mention that the chief proponent of FFP at UEFA, Platini, is now banned from football for corruption. What respect or regard are we supposed to have?

Swiss

Criminal proceedings have been brought against Infantino aswell

Gareth

But this isn't going away, is it? At least not for a long long time. UEFA's Black Ops department will be working full time on this. Der Siegel back with more hacked emails now.

Hesperus

Quote from: Gareth on July 31, 2020, 08:13:58
But this isn't going away, is it? At least not for a long long time. UEFA's Black Ops department will be working full time on this. Der Siegel back with more hacked emails now.

Yes. We appeared to have just stoked the anger even more by having the audacity to win a legal court case. Der Siegel providing yet more leaks is clearly another orchestrated attempt to sully the clubs name. UEFA may even try again with new evidence. I do think City need to take the gloves off now and start some form of defence, legal action if possible. We just appear to be a punch bag at the moment.

Swiss

I wonder if the paper is connected with Bayern...

UEFA will be extra careful with any procedings they try to bring against us, apparently these emails are just as frivolous.

Also, where were these emails during the trial...