News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Welcome Ferran Torres

Started by Neil Mcnab, July 29, 2020, 18:45:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

https://www.marca.com/futbol/valencia/2020/07/29/5f21949a46163f39858b456d.html
Torres to us, Yangel Herrera in the other direction, not really heard much of either. Ferran Torres looks good on Youtube, so did Ney Castillo, that did not end well.

gavin

Castillo was brilliant in the 2007 Copa America. I thought he'd make an excellent signing for us. He was very promising in his debut away at West Ham on the FA Cup even though it was a dire game, He definitely had the ability.

These days we tend to choose players who have it all more often then not.

KunDB

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/29/manchester-city-agree-terms-with-25m-ferran-torres-of-valencia

Manchester City agree £24.5m deal for Valencia winger Ferran Torres.

Hopefully this is a sign we will move swiftly to get in the players we need as replacements/reinforcements.

Ake next I hope/

Swiss

That price could be a steal!!!

No need to make Castillo comparisons. Weve had some bad wingers over the years. Even flirting with a yank who pisses on the sidelines...

goat

25 million is nothing in football these days

KunDB

Let’s hope he improves to and beyond Sane level. I’m sure under Pep he will.

gavin

Pretty cheap really if he turns out to be good.

Swiss

I'm hoping Bernie Silva will move more central next season. His quick feet is similar to dave

Stephen Paul

looks a really good signing

Swiss

KunDB

Some player and can only get better hopefully.

Looking the buy of the summer transfer window already.

KunDB

6 0 Spain an absolute awesome performance in the best sense. Passing and possession just like City when at our very best (which we have not been for quite a while).

Germans made to look second rate at best.

Swiss

Ruben dias has bagged 2 goals tonight

And

Rodri has an assist.

gavin

He's been a bit hit and miss so far for City which is understandable as he settles. I've been very impressed how he moved up front and looked the part very quickly but sometimes, including against the scousers, he has been anonymous. He looks very promising but like many younger players the proof will come with consistency.

Stephen Paul

Give the lad time , but on his salary he should be hitting the ground running

lee

Torres is superb.I have been impressed with him in every match at City.

KunDB

What impresses me most is his confident and clinical finishing. Fired it in when a chance falls to him.