News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Glass houses

Started by Swiss, August 08, 2020, 00:33:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

wolves have reached a settlement with UEFA after breaching FFP.

200K Fine

Reduced squad if they make chumps next season

I weren't they one of the clubs who appealed against us...

bry the guy

They will also only have 23  man team.Didnt we also got a

Didnt we get a 22 man squad and 50 mill fine?

KunDB

Yes they were. The hypocrisy is unbelievable and no doubt their sentence was reduced on the quiet for supporting the G14 cause.

Kilkenny Blue

What did they get done for?

Swiss

Basically didn't meet the break even FFP rule. So they spent more then they earnt.
They must only have a deficit of £30m for this year.
They were fined 600k, of which 400k is conditional on meeting the above.

Also Lille, Istanbul and Porto hit with similar sanctions.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Swiss on August 22, 2020, 10:52:53
Basically didn't meet the break even FFP rule. So they spent more then they earnt.
They must only have a deficit of £30m for this year.
They were fined 600k, of which 400k is conditional on meeting the above.

Also Lille, Istanbul and Porto hit with similar sanctions.

I thought UEFA brought in the 3 year rule after Liverpool failed 2 years in a row?

Swiss

No idea, I'm not even sure the ins and outs have been.punlished.

Didnt knwonthe 3 year rule

silvablue

FFP is measured each year for the current and previous two years with a break even amount specified £30m deficit.

Trouble is the adjudicatory board look at our sponsorship deals and decide these are inflated and reduce the calculations for FFP breakeven putting us in breach.

In 2014 when Liverpool breached FFP the adjudicatory chamber then found that they had not breached it, to Liverpool FC surprise, probably because the Adjudicatory chamber decided to deduct some expenditure so as they met breakeven.

The problem is it is not transparent and can be  subject to manipulation to suit UEFA and the favoured clubs.

When City got fined our Eitihad sponsor dealw as deemed grossly inflated, unprecedented and excessive, a few months later Utd and Liverpool (I think it was) announced even more lucrative sponsorship deals - without comment. It is a shit show designed to protect the G14 / ECA clubs (BM, Barcelona, RM. Liverpool, Utd, etc) and keep them big and on top.

No point moaning it is what it is.