News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kalidou Koulibaly

Started by Paddy, August 09, 2020, 14:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Just watched him on you tube, good at tackling and an ace passer. We should get him regardless of fee...Anyone agree ?...

bluebrendan

I watched him against Barca last night, knocked over by his own defender for the first goal, gave away the pen for the third. If we are signing him I hope he's the reverse of Mangala who looked great in his first few games then went rapidly downhill.

KunDB

He has the pace we seriously lack in defence.

lee

I watch Napoli a fair bit and he's strong and quick.He was shit against Barca.He's not worth 80 million more like 40

Paddy

jingoe

I saw him a bit the other night too - ' Mangala 2 ' was my immediate thought

I hope we stay well clear. He is no spring chicken either

Swiss

Are you saying mangala because lescott made the same comparison?

Diego Carlos not having a great match tonight either, gave away a pen in the first half

Swiss

Am watching the Leipzig match v atletico.

Upamecano looks a good cb. Good passing, pace and strong.

gavin

Yep, he looks like a defender we should be considering. Glad to see Athletico go out. It is anti football. Managed to beat the worlds greatest team TM but knocked out by Leipzig.

Swiss

Thing is, they looked more dangerous when they had to go and attack. They looked poor when sitting.

If we're gonna spend a wedge on a CB, I'd be happier on that performance of upamecano than I've seen of carlos and koulibaly

goat

What happened to the Diaz lad at Benfica, he was pretty much a done deal a while back

Swiss

Ruben Diaz, nothings been mentioned in months

Swiss

Quote from: Swiss on August 11, 2020, 20:53:40
Are you saying mangala because lescott made the same comparison?

Diego Carlos not having a great match tonight either, gave away a pen in the first half

Lightning strikes twice. Diego Carlos gives another penalty away.  Though even some utd fans are saying it wasn't a pen :-o

Swiss

Swiss

looking closer at Koulibaly's performance here.

1st goal. Looks like his own player took him out, but I reckon he felt a touch and went down. Would expect him to be stronger and more dominant than this.

2nd goal.. shades of headless chicken. Got sucked in and found in no man's land.

3rd goal.  Penalty give away. He's unlucky here. Not many players would have the agility to do that to a defender who's about to clear a goal.

I hope its just a bad day at the office.

Hesperus

By all accounts his performances over the last few seasons have been impressive so hopefully just a bad game.

Really hope this gets done soon along with a LB.  I’m not confident about the new season with our current defensive options. Experience has shown that Laporte will no doubt miss a number of games injured.

Swiss

I like that Upamecano, gets good opta scores. Gonna be a cb star in the future.